Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The area around Lake Winona is Winona WMA and has a different zone number than zone 11. I hunt a WMA in zone 13 and have to use the number for the WMA when checking a deer and not zone 13. If you have a zone quota permit for zone 11 you can not use that permit in Winona WMA. There is a seperate draw for does in Winona.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Would I have to cross Hwy 7 to be able to use my zone 11 doe tag?
Yep. Winona is within the zone 11 boundaries, but it's WMA Zone 680. Like ARGROUNDSWATTER said, you'd have to have a doe tag specifically for Winona. I'm pretty sure everything in zone 11 boundaries east of hwy 7 is Winona, so you'd have to go East of 7.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I figured. My second choice of Winona should have been my first. Haven't ever hunted on the other side of Hwy 7. Are there a lot of access roads on that side of 7 that you know of? I guess its time for a road trip...? Thanks a bunch for y'alls time.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That's what I figured. My second choice of Winona should have been my first. Haven't ever hunted on the other side of Hwy 7. Are there a lot of access roads on that side of 7 that you know of? I guess its time for a road trip...? Thanks a bunch for y'alls time.
I've never been on that side of 7 so I couldn't tell you. You might call the forest ranger and ask. Winona doe permits are hard to come by... I've put for them the last 4 years and haven't been drawn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.