Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here owned or shot one of these? They're cheap and seem to have good accuracy reviews. Most seem to require some minor work to function well, but generally are reputed to function well afterwards. I'm a tinkerer by nature and don't mind this if the end result is an accurate, low cost firearm that I don't mind carrying around in the truck.

·
Premium Member
17,831 Posts
I've looked at them on the rack at Cabela's. They seem solid and some of them aren't bad looking at all. For the price, I've thought about picking one up.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of the comments I've read really slam the stock finish. Not the wood itself, just the finish. It also seems that many need some minor modifications to the magazines to get them to feed reliably. I'd really like to hold one in my hands, but that really isn't practical, given the distance from me to any of their dealers. Thanks for your feedback. It's always good to get an opinion from someone who has actually seen them in person.

·
Premium Member
17,831 Posts
There is a marked difference between finishes in the same models on the shelf. I'll try to photo one for you next time I'm there.

They keep a half dozen out where you can handle them.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I bought a Zastava bolt gun in 7.62x39. It is a good gun. The blueing was as good as any other gun I have bought. The stock was just fine. It lets me shoot a cheap deer cartridge. I sprung the extra money and put a drop in 1.5 pound Timney trigger in mine. It is a great 150 yard deer rifle. I like Zastavas so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.