Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G&F regs say "Yo-yos must be within sight or hearing during daylight hours."

They do not say "when set". But, is it assumed they must be attended during daylight hours only when set.

The reason I ask is because where I fish, quite a few folks are leaving yoyo's tied in the trees all day. They are not set. You pull into an area in the evening to set yoyo's and the trees are already full. So, you go looking elsewhere. Sometimes, nobody even comes that night to bait the yoyo's. They are reserving the spot for their convenience.

Is this legal as per the wording of the regulation?

·
Registered
333 Posts
We used to trip the yo yos during the day and hang the hook in the yo yo. This is not legal. You must be within sight or hearing of the yo yo during the day even if it is not set. That's the way a game warden explained it to me recently. Now, most game wardens probably wouldn't write a ticket if the yo yos were tripped, but it is still not legal.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
***** robbed us of 7 crappie on yoyos during the day and we were running them !

We here a yoyo go off and we would head over to it and the **** would be in the bush taking it off

·
Registered
40 Posts
***** are master robbers of yo yo's on Connerly Bayou/Lake Chicot. We had the same problem, not being able to get to the fish before the ***** did. Bandits for sure!

·
Premium Member
26,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gators get them here on millwood. **** would be taking a chance swimming for a yoyo. Few years ago, we caught a **** on a yoyo. Also caught a barred owl once.

·
Super Moderator
13,957 Posts
Gators get them here on millwood. **** would be taking a chance swimming for a yoyo. Few years ago, we caught a **** on a yoyo. Also caught a barred owl once.
I bet they would. I've had one try to steal a bass while I was pulling it in once.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I personally watched at **** beat the snot out of a 5-6 pound channel cat one night. I was so impressed I just let him have it. Came back about an hour later and all that was left was the head!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
It shouldn't be too difficult to get a warden to check those unattended yoyos in the daytime. Might even be a small Reward involved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts