Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of Bed do you think is Best ?? and what do you use ?

I just got a Knock off of a Temperpedic foam mattress... Its way better than the interspring I have had for years...

·
Moderator/smokepole pimp
11,480 Posts
I had a free-flowing, ocean-motion queen sized waterbed for years and loved it, then I got married. Wife had back surgery, wa-wa bed had to go!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I voted for the first one but I prefer the cold hard ground even at my age I sleep better that way and alot more relaxed. Needed another choice. DW :thumb:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I had to go with InterSpring because that's the only thing I've slept on other than a waterbed, but my pillow is the important thing to me.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Well, due to back problems and severe sleep apnea, I've slept in a recliner (wife is in the bed) since 2000. :frown:

.270Win

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Been sleeping on an ocean-motion free-flow water bed for about 20 years..at home.......

at camp and at GM's , I think her bed is a Serta, but is very comfortable......the old bed at camp, maybe is as old as I am, but still sleeps pretty good:biggrin:

If I had my druthers......a good old feather bed...but most of you youngsters probably have never heard of em:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Been sleeping on an ocean-motion free-flow water bed for about 20 years..at home.......

at camp and at GM's , I think her bed is a Serta, but is very comfortable......the old bed at camp, maybe is as old as I am, but still sleeps pretty good:biggrin:

If I had my druthers......a good old feather bed...but most of you youngsters probably have never heard of em:biggrin: :biggrin:
I've heard of it handgunner :razz: .....my wife actually has one and wanted to use it as our bed when we got married....but due to back problems it didnt agree with me!!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got this MemoryFoam Mattress for the very reason most of you are complaining about... MY Achin Back ... I have alot of problems with siattica on my left side ...This Mattress is Soft but also very firm...I've slept on it for 2nights and I love it ... ya and it dont squeak and the wife can get in and out of bed and I cant even tell she moved :biggrin: now if I could find something for her breathing--------

ok snoring... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
None of the above.... I sleep on a Laytex mattress. It is similiar to the foam ones, but it doesn't retain shape, is mold and mildew proof, hypoallergenic, doesn't collect dust mites, and is super comfortable. They have super warranties, and are 20 year mattresses, but the are quite expensive. Depending on the size .... 1500.00 + and up. Thats the cost , not retail. Retaik is over 2000.00 to start.

But I do like it. I have back and neck problems, and so does the wife ( back ) and I sleep great on it.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Well I got this MemoryFoam Mattress for the very reason most of you are complaining about... MY Achin Back ... I have [/B]alot of problems with siattica on my left side ...This Mattress is Soft but also very firm...I've slept on it for 2nights and I love it ... ya and it dont squeak and the wife can get in and out of bed and I cant even tell she moved :biggrin: now if I could find something for her breathing--------

ok snoring... :biggrin:

Got anymore info on that mattress.............got the Sciatica problem...only on the right side.......

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The one I bought is a Knock off from Sams Club it was $679+ tax I think for the King Mattress.. its made by Tempsoma by Sleep innovations it 9" of 1 kind of foam then 3" of Memory Foam all made glued together with a Bed cover on it, I made a table for it to lift it to the same Height as a regular bed... then put a sham around it and it looks like a regular bed .. :biggrin:

I like it myself because its Firm...and should last along time I hope...

HINT If you buy 1 like this..... it takes about 1-3 days to regain it form after you get it home and unbox it :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
The one I bought is a Knock off from Sams Club it was $679+ tax I think for the King Mattress.. its made by Tempsoma by Sleep innovations it 9" of 1 kind of foam then 3" of Memory Foam all made glued together with a Bed cover on it, I made a table for it to lift it to the same Height as a regular bed... then put a sham around it and it looks like a regular bed .. :biggrin:

I like it myself because its Firm...and should last along time I hope...

HINT If you buy 1 like this..... it takes about 1-3 days to regain it form after you get it home and unbox it :biggrin:
I've heard that the memory foam type mattresses are hot and make you sweat. Something about there is no airflow through the mattress so it makes you sweat more......have you had this problem? :confused:

.270Win

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't had a problem with it .. seems fairly neutral to me I get cold easy and my wife gets hot easy so there ya go... neither of us are complaining so far .. I guess the summer could be different.. we both have felt a little stiff 1st thing in the morning but we figure it from actually sleeping right now :biggrin: I think I have been getting better sleep , I dont think I'm tossing as much -- this may explain the stiffness to :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts