Young guys these days.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jackiereed, Sep 23, 2020.

1. jackiereed

jackiereed Well-Known Member

Hazen
    I come in about dark tonight.
    wrastlings on the tv, probally 25 women in the ring all at once. screaming, hollering, pulling hair. Just typical woman bs. If that samplng of supposed women is what the young men today are trying to crawl up on i see why they all have man buns, play video games and dont have a purpose.
    Them green/blue/pink haired, tatted up tramps were some of the ugliest tramps ive seen in a long time. I thought that nurx commercial was bad.

deer14, Buck_It, Arky73 and 1 other person like this.
  2. God was evicted in this land - and Satan filled, tried to, the void.

What you describe is just part of the result.

deadhead and Arky73 like this.

3. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Yea, kinda like me. I’m still having some PTSD from the trip me and the wife made to Wally World this past Saturday night. Some of the creatures roaming the isles in those places after dark will send shivers up the spine of the most fearless man.

twiceborn, deer14 and Polywog like this.
  4. Just what I see on TV in passing is fearsome.

rmcmurry and deadhead like this.
  5. Mr. Rusty

Mr. Rusty Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I got a haircut yesterday by a guy with a man bun and a full tatted sleeve. And just my luck I drew him, he was a cool young man. The problem was me, I should not have judged him.

deer14, Tugman, Remington and 11 others like this.
  6. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

sounds like my new helper, 21 y/o, got long hair down to his shoulders, except the sides of his head are shaved and got bunch of tats. Good kid though

deer14, Remington and JB Weld like this.
  7. You can love anyone once we let down our judgment.

Once many years ago I judged a man I saw, in Safeway based on his appearance.

That night his face appeared in my spirit and I began to weep. God spoke to me and said "you have no idea what this man has been through".

I was ashamed and repentant. No matter our looks we all suffer here.

8. Mr. Rusty

I tickled him when I asked him to leave me enough hair to cover the bald spots.
    He failed.

deer14, Remington, Allenn and 3 others like this.
  9. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    I had a bunch of apprentices start under my watch through the years... Seen and worked with all kinds of hairstyles, appearances, fashion styles, speech patterns and attitudes.
    Learned to work with and accept just about all of them... as long as they wanted to learn, I was good.
    Had a hard time when the first generation to grow up attached to their cellphones first showed up, but that got fixed real easy.
    The very worst was the very last... Young man named Artie. I tagged him "Tardy Artie" - he had to Google what it meant....
    Only apprentice I ever fired.... Kid couldn't make it on time two days in a row to save a whale....
    I could never understand that.

deer14, JB Weld, mikebri and 2 others like this.
  10. artey72

artey72 Well-Known Member

You just don't understand what I have been through or you never would have fired me... My mom is supposed to wake me up so I can be on time. She only came to the basement once and told me it was time to get up. Everyone knows it takes at least 3 times to wake me up good. And then she wouldn't even cook breakfast for me. She thinks I should wash my own clothes now since I'm not in school. It's not easy for us young folks, you should try a little sympathy. 2 days outa 5 on time is a passing grade in high school..

Tugman, Remington, Allenn and 14 others like this.
  11. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

When I was about 20-21 I had hair down almost to my shoulder, but never got a tattoo. I'm sure at the time many thought certain things about me that were off base. Now I have almost no hair and still no tattoos. :p

My son is 20 and daughter 18 so I get to interface with many of their friends. Some give me hope, others concern me greatly. When it comes to hair, dress, and tats I realize many are just following current fads and will mature out of it.

Many struggle due to broken homes and such. I think even more struggle because kids are really susceptible to manipulation and the media, entertainment, and certain governmental groups have taught these kids that everything about their country is wrong and there is no hope. With no alternate guide at home they grow up confused, ignorant, and angry. Perfect cannon fodder for evil doers.

twiceborn, deer14, R6mm and 4 others like this.
  12. Saltydog

Ash Flat
    Artie? Is that you?
    You're late! That job finished 15 years ago!
    :D

Tugman, R6mm, sparkie and 4 others like this.
  13. Fisk

Fisk Well-Known Member

That's funny.

HuntHigh, sparkie and JB Weld like this.
  14. artey72

artey72 Well-Known Member

Does that mean you won't reconsider giving me a job? I'm doing a lot better these days. Don't live with mom anymore. I live with my girlfriend's parents and they will probably make sure I get up on time. Her dad said he'd give me a ride to work if his disability check gets here in time for him to get some gas. I'll P.M. you her mom's phone number and you can call her, she's the only one in the house with a phone. As long as she don't run outa minutes, you shouldn't have any problems getting ahold of me..

deer14, Remington, R6mm and 8 others like this.
  15. Saltydog

Ash Flat
    I swear.... It's like deja vu....
    o_O:D

deer14, Remington, HuntHigh and 5 others like this.
  16. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    This is no lie. I had a guy helpinf me imce and he was always late.
    One day he was extremely late. I started calling him at 9. He finally came rolling in a little after 10. I asked why he was late and I am not lying he told me his mom didn't wake him up.
    The dude was 51!
    I was desperate for help and he was a good hand when he was there so I didm't fire him, but a day or 2 later he was checking his messages at lunch and he said ALL RIIIGHT!
    I asked why he was so excited and he told me he just got approved for his food stamps. He never showed up for work after that and wouldn't answer my calls or texts.

deer14, HuntHigh, R6mm and 5 others like this.
  17. Mr. Rusty

This is Classic

deer14, artey72, Remington and 5 others like this.
  18. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    You tickled him?......is he going to squirrel camp now?

19. I don't blame the kids.

Their parents generation is the one's who failed them.

deer14, Remington, HuntHigh and 4 others like this.
  20. DeputyDog

DeputyDog Well-Known Member

When I was in college I was a very dumb and ignorant individual. Had morals, just didn’t get the big picture of life. I thought my purpose in life was getting drunk, high, making friends, and hanging out with girls.

I had a job in college that was very laid back and easy going. All I had to do was show up on time. My boss was cool as a cucumber and he and I got along great, but he told me one morning after I had showed up late for the 5th or 6th time, “If you show up late again I don’t have any use for you”. I didn’t pay it any mind, just kept doing my stupid self thing. Showed up 2 minutes late the next week and he fired me.

Since that day, when I had to call my dad and told him I was fired from a job because I couldn’t go to sleep at a decent hour and wake up in time to make it to work, I have never been late to work. That was 6 1/2 years ago. I do not show up late, I’m always 30 minutes early, I don’t leave work early, I work any overtime that is asked of me. All because I was fired and I had to explain to my dad what for. He didn’t cuss me like usual, he didn’t disown me, he told me to pull my head out of my ass and grow up.

It worked.