Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the most crazy thing happen to me friday morning!

I was at Fort Chaffee on friday morning. I went to hunt a particular species of animal that if i say it, it will give where i was away. So i got to my parking spot at about 6:00 am. I get my gear and my flashlight and start walking to where i was needing to get. i walk about 15 yards and spook a deer. I thought to myself, oh cool a deer, you know, what you would usually say when you see one. So it runs off and i keep walking. i get about another 40 yards and i see eyes glowing from the light of my flashlight about 50 yards ahead, and they are walking toward me. My first thought was a hog. Because i had seen signs of hogs in the area a few days before. So i was think to my self what do i do. then it kept walking and i realized it was a deer. I again thought to myself, cool. Then it got to where i could see the head gear. I thought oh man its a buck! By now its about 30 yards away. It gets closer and i realize that this buck is not just a buck...it's a BIG buck. I mean a trophy buck. It is about 20 yards away now and has not even thought about stopping and it is heading straight to my light. Now i start think about all the times i have seen deer on tv attack people. Now it is about 10 yards away and still has not stopped. I am freaking out! This is one of the biggest deer i have ever seen and it is about to beat the hell out of me. Finally it gets right up to me and stops. I hesitate and kick it right in the chest!!!! I know i know, why did i kick it in the chest......i have absolutly no idea. It takes off running and stops and turns around and looks at me at about 30 yards out. He was a pretty deer. It was the most amazing experience of my life.
I promise this is the truth, and i am not telling you where it happened. He is mine. :cool: Thing is, as i walked back to my truck a saw two more really nice shooter bucks both eight points. If i was to guess, the deer that i kicked was about 160-170 class. The other two about 120.

I have officially joined the club. The buck kicking club.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Finally...FINALLY...FINALLY! Someone who has had an experience somewhat like mine! You can say they are somewhat alike, except I was hunting beaver after dark and I saw a pink elephant, would have scored about 160 (tons). Kicked him in the kneecap. I've never before been able to say anything about it until now, and that was over 30 years ago.

Thanks duckman for allowing me to finally reveal my "episode."

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Come on y'all...I had the same thing happen to me once...I WAS deer hunting though and had my bow...I had decided to wait till after dark, and he still didn't show. So I climbed down and just as I got on the ground, I heard him walking towards me in the oak leaves. Now I was getting worried because I couldn't see a thing...no flashlight and no moonlight. I began the walk out, and I could hear him following me and getting closer...so I sped up my pace and then stopped[I don't know why] and I could hear him still coming...so I nocked an arrow and got ready to defend myself. The sounds got louder as he approached and then he was right in front of me so I drew my bow back waiting for the impact and he went right by me. I followed him then out to the road and in the headlights of a passing car I saw him..........a world record armadillo!

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I am not going to discount your story because I seen them do some wild and amazing things before. But in reading your story it would almost lead a person to believe you were in la la land.:fit: Good luck on getting him I bet he will be looking for you to settle a score.:fit:

·
Premium Member
21,011 Posts
One time at band camp....It was an early November morning and am I was going to get to my stand early to get settled in, As I was walking in, i could here something in front of me, walking. i shined my light and couldn't see anything but, could hear it walking directly to my stand. So I waited a minute or so and continued, i would stop periodically to see if i could here the step's again. By this time i was in a hurry to get in my stand and get set-up, as i got closer to my stand i could smell something musky, i checked myself and concluded that it wasn't me, I tied my bow on my string to hoist it up and the bow started to move upwards, by then i was in need of a roll of toilet paper, I shined my light up to the top of the stand and there sat big-foot eating a package of cracker's........:biggrin:

·
Registered
552 Posts
good luck on getting your deer. He might be a little skiddish now that he has had the :censored: kicked out of him:fit:. If you get him,you need to mount him so you can see the boot inprint. GOOD LUCK Thanks for sharing the story, it was a good one:up:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.