You Think You've Been Cold Duckhunters???

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Matthew.loftis, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This was last year, late season. I had to sit on the tailgate and have my buddy pull these off of me. I couldn't even walk. I had to waddle. If you can't tell... they're frozen stiff. Thank God for the pint o' Jack I had in my blind bag.

ps. This was in Lonoke.

2. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

Its always nice when you have to beat on your knees to break the ice in order to get out of the boat:biggrin:

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Always keep a half pint of de-icer in your waders for AFTER the hunt.
    Drink responsibly.

Sincerly,
    JohnnieWalker

4. Matthew.loftis

boat would've been nice. We took ATVs from the house to the field. You should've seen me laid across the rear rack b/c I couldn't straddle the seat.

5. GeoNLR

GeoNLR Well-Known Member

Nice arse!

6. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I hunted lake last year where the dekes looked like this every couple of hours!

I kept having to crack them with the kayak paddle to break the ice off. Took five pairs of gloves with me so when one froze up I'd put on another. Put a little propane heater in the foot of the layout so I could keep my feet from freezing to the bottom of the boat. Didn't really help much.

It was twelve degrees and the wind was picking up and splashoing water on the side fo the layout and the dekes. It may be normal for divers in MI but for me in AR......

Cold!!!!

7. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

Eastern Shore of MD goose hunt two years ago. It was around 5 degrees and the wind was blowing around 20mph. I hunted for around an hour. We were in a pit with TWO heaters and I still thought I was going to die.

8. Matthew.loftis

Thanks for the Title Edit Admin

This picture was taken around 1145a. It was actually getting colder as the day wore on. We had to give up... plus, I was out of "de-icer."

9. I live in michigan and late season goose hunting can get preeetty cold up here. Then again im usually in an ice shanty by then.....

Coldest ive ever hunted was in Nodak this year. Ducks and Geese had left so we went for some pheasents. It was -5 with 25-30 mph winds. And i was a blocker..... now thats cold