Arkansas Hunting banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
25,115 Posts
I wear a mask where it's requested.. More so to avoid the conflict than any concern over covid.. I also believe before it's all said and done we're all going to get it to some degree no matter how cautious we are.. My son teaches school and comes home everyday.. We have folks that work in the hospitals that come over once or twice a week.. I go shopping at Walmart and Harp's every week or two and my wife and I have both been to our Dr's appts.. I can't/won't live my life sitting in my house afraid to answer the door.. Covid is just another risk of living life.. No more dangerous than driving to town.. Probably less dangerous than driving on Race street in Searcy.. My son is in South Dakota pheasant hunting right now and my daughter and son in law are coming in for Thanksgiving from Fort Leonard Wood.. I will meet them with open arms and a hug when they all get here.. And yes my wife and I both have high risk health issues.. I'm not going to run scared.. I don't have enough Thanksgiving's and Christmas's left in this life to miss one out of fear of something with a 95% survivability rate.. We'll just have to agree to disagree and that's OK too.. Merica
Preach!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I tested positive oct 30
Sick for 2 weeks with it
It wasnt severe thank god but it had legs. 2 weeks is a long time to be sick. Not a little cold either, I mean in the bed sick mostly. I felt better here and there for 6 hrs and get excited thinking I reached the breaking point only to find out the next day it was a fluke.
I have a lingering cough and such but at this point feel about normal.
If you come down with ir stay positive and keep in mind almost everybody who gets the covid gets better. Sometimes hospital is needed but mostly not and even if you have to go in its not a death sentence necessarily.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Not sure how I got it. Wore my mask, stayed home as Im kinda a hermit anyway but somehow i got it. Tells me its pretty easy to get unless you take extreme measures to absolutely stay away from everybody and all public places. Wear your mask if you interact and be sure to hand sanitize and wash hands all the time when you go out of the house.

You can avoid it but its not easy. Just takes one time of getting gas at the pump without washing immediately thouroghly then touch your face and you got it!
Thats how I failed. I got complacent with shared surfaces and I think that is how I got it

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
I wear a mask where it's requested.. More so to avoid the conflict than any concern over covid.. I also believe before it's all said and done we're all going to get it to some degree no matter how cautious we are.. My son teaches school and comes home everyday.. We have folks that work in the hospitals that come over once or twice a week.. I go shopping at Walmart and Harp's every week or two and my wife and I have both been to our Dr's appts.. I can't/won't live my life sitting in my house afraid to answer the door.. Covid is just another risk of living life.. No more dangerous than driving to town.. Probably less dangerous than driving on Race street in Searcy.. My son is in South Dakota pheasant hunting right now and my daughter and son in law are coming in for Thanksgiving from Fort Leonard Wood.. I will meet them with open arms and a hug when they all get here.. And yes my wife and I both have high risk health issues.. I'm not going to run scared.. I don't have enough Thanksgiving's and Christmas's left in this life to miss one out of fear of something with a 95% survivability rate.. We'll just have to agree to disagree and that's OK too.. Merica
OK---and GOD Bless you and yours. sparkie________________________________

·
Super Moderator
6,746 Posts
If a person is NOT sick...wearing that cloth mask only puts themselves at increased risk as they will likely touch surfaces and then touch their face to adjust/remove the mask. Thats likely how a lot of religious mask wearers are getting sick.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
If the Founding Fathers had just complied with the British government to avoid a conflict, we would not have the United States of America. That’s just the way I look at it, but everybody’s got to do what think best.
I agree. But I think polywog was referring to conflict with the business owners. Not the government.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yea, we don't wear a mask period. The wife and I are young (40's) and healthy. Both of my boys at home are extremely healthy. So why would we wear a mask? I have traveled in and out of a dozen different states over the last 8 months. We have our market garden that makes our living and have been sitting up at Farmer'sMarket twice a week through all of this. And we haven't had a problem at all. There are way to many studies that show mask do not work or makes it worse. So I will not just comply when the science says it's not necessary.
With the latest study done by the marines most of the strict mask and quarantine procedures in the military are really getting scaled back. My son left Pensacola 12 days ago driving to San Diego for a duty station change. He stopped here, and in Louisiana, and Texas seeing friends and family. He was told when he got to San Diego he would be in ROM for 2 weeks. Well that changed to just 3 days he's on the flight schedule for Monday. When he was in Pensacola he was put in quarantine twice for 14 day each. The entire class he was in had to because one of the instructors tested positive. For 2 days before the guy tested positive they where in the back of a H-60 about as close as you could get to someone, yelling in each other's face . And not a single kid got sick or showed symptoms and the Navy didn't test them to see if any of them where positive. So what I'm saying is if your young and healthy your pretty much good to go. 20 young guys spitting in each others face in the back of a helicopter trying to talk to each other and no symptoms. And you could pretty much bank on all of them having it. And that happed twice 1.5 months apart.

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Yea, we don't wear a mask period. The wife and I are young (40's) and healthy. Both of my boys at home are extremely healthy. So why would we wear a mask? I have traveled in and out of a dozen different states over the last 8 months. We have our market garden that makes our living and have been sitting up at Farmer'sMarket twice a week through all of this. And we haven't had a problem at all. There are way to many studies that show mask do not work or makes it worse. So I will not just comply when the science says it's not necessary.
With the latest study done by the marines most of the strict mask and quarantine procedures in the military are really getting scaled back. My son left Pensacola 12 days ago driving to San Diego for a duty station change. He stopped here, and in Louisiana, and Texas seeing friends and family. He was told when he got to San Diego he would be in ROM for 2 weeks. Well that changed to just 3 days he's on the flight schedule for Monday. When he was in Pensacola he was put in quarantine twice for 14 day each. The entire class he was in had to because one of the instructors tested positive. For 2 days before the guy tested positive they where in the back of a H-60 about as close as you could get to someone, yelling in each other's face . And not a single kid got sick or showed symptoms and the Navy didn't test them to see if any of them where positive. So what I'm saying is if your young and healthy your pretty much good to go. 20 young guys spitting in each others face in the back of a helicopter trying to talk to each other and no symptoms. And you could pretty much bank on all of them having it. And that happed twice 1.5 months apart.
Give him my thanks for his service.

I've wondered what the military's stance on masks is. Lots of classes, close contact travel, barracks, etc.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The logic is flawed.

A mask doesn't really protect the wearer. People wear them to protect everybody around them...who are wearing a mask...that doesn't really protect them.
"And as another said, I do it to protect you" , nice thought at least
Here is a little video I posted in the Gubbernor thread a couple of days ago.
Doctor uses Vape Aerosols to show just how much masks don't work - YouTube

But as others have said, if it makes you FEEL safer, wear it.
It doesn't do that for me.

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Give him my thanks for his service.

I've wondered what the military's stance on masks is. Lots of classes, close contact travel, barracks, etc.
As far as the Military---- they think that they are young if only a few get it we can just throw them away.--- It wont effect our count of men much. ------AS always I give thanks for the people in our Military for there service.

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
You don't have to be sick yourself to be a spreader of the cv-19. How many people could be infected by the # of people some one that comes in contact with a big number of people while moving around for months?

101 - 120 of 131 Posts