Arkansas Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That warning is right on the money--- it is not to protect you--- but others----the protesters--beach goers---- and club goers is why we are fixing if not having many states going to have some of there hot spots coming back and of the closing back up. Like some city's mandating wearing of mask and clubs ect. closing or cutting back.
But Florida doesn't have a mask mandate. and a ton of beaches. My son just left there on his way to San Diego. He said the beaches where packed everyday . But the state is in the same place they where numbers wise 2 months ago when all covid restrictions were lifted.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
I guess I was right post #6 If they (you)don't were mask we will be closing every thing back up--- We are at the hightest numbers as has been since the cv-19 started--- Thanks for not wearing your mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This sounds like something a spoiled democrat would say.

Grow a pair, Sparkie.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I guess I was right post #6 If they (you)don't were mask we will be closing every thing back up--- We are at the hightest numbers as has been since the cv-19 started--- Thanks for not wearing your mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most people now that I see wear a mask, more than when than cases were lower. If masks worked the cases would not be as high as they are. Mask or no mask the virus is going to do what is going to do. Everybody’s gonna’ get it eventually. The death rate is lower than the flu, so what is everyone worried about. And the number of cases doesn’t mean a thing. It’s only the death numbers we should be looking at because most people who test positive have mild symptoms or no symptoms.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I saw on the news this week that Beebe will close schools. A few minutes later our son called and asked if we could watch our grandson so he could go to work. In the same story about Beebe it appears that a huge chunk of the Beebe population is affected but for some reason I don't know of a single person in town with covid 19. It could be because I am a loner by nature and don't go out of my way to meet people. Squirrel camp guys you don't know how lucky or unlucky you are depending on your own circumstances. My wife however knows a lot of people in Beebe due to her job but even she doesn't personally know of a single covid 19 infected person. I'm not saying they are not out there just saying my wife and I are not seeing it.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
I saw on the news this week that Beebe will close schools. A few minutes later our son called and asked if we could watch our grandson so he could go to work. In the same story about Beebe it appears that a huge chunk of the Beebe population is affected but for some reason I don't know of a single person in town with covid 19. It could be because I am a loner by nature and don't go out of my way to meet people. Squirrel camp guys you don't know how lucky or unlucky you are depending on your own circumstances. My wife however knows a lot of people in Beebe due to her job but even she doesn't personally know of a single covid 19 infected person. I'm not saying they are not out there just saying my wife and I are not seeing it.
Same in our area.. I have some contacts at the local hospital and ask this week about the number of covid patients they've admitted.. It seems as though the really serious covid patients are still being sent to the south campus (old Central Arkansas hospital) but they're admitting less serious cases to the main hospital now.. By less serious I mean those that would have been sent home to recover several months ago.. Follow the money..

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Craighead county 4th highest case rate in the state. I had a cousin die last week with it. and have a neighbor tested with it 4 days ago. Now she is in the Hospital with it. I live out in the country and neighbor is only 3/4 mile from me. I wore my mask out when this first started because of my age and other conditions. Up until this last week I seen a lot of people in Craighead county not wearing there mask -----now I see more wearing them because the rate is over the top of what it had ever been in the past. WHY could they have not wore there mask when the rate was low--so maybe schools and other places of work would not have to close back up? GOD BLESS AMERICA.

·
Registered
25,115 Posts
Craighead county 4th highest case rate in the state. I had a cousin die last week with it. and have a neighbor tested with it 4 days ago. Now she is in the Hospital with it. I live out in the country and neighbor is only 3/4 mile from me. I wore my mask out when this first started because of my age and other conditions. Up until this last week I seen a lot of people in Craighead county not wearing there mask -----now I see more wearing them because the rate is over the top of what it had ever been in the past. WHY could they have not wore there mask when the rate was low--so maybe schools and other places of work would not have to close back up? GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Then if more are wearing masks now, why does the infection rate continue to spike? Your logic makes ZERO sense. Surely you see that?

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Then if more are wearing masks now, why does the infection rate continue to spike? Your logic makes ZERO sense. Surely you see that?
Where is your understanding --Maybe to little to late???????????????------Thanks

It is spiking from the people not wearing mask when it was low casas-- Hence higher cases now --- There is always a lag time.

They just now started to were them. ----my girls are over They are setting out side with us. They live in Jonesboro (bigger city than where I live)--------I just ask them if they are seeing more people wearing mask now and they said o yes most people.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Where is your understanding --Maybe to little to late???????????????------Thanks

It is spiking from the people not wearing mask when it was low casas-- Hence higher cases now --- There is always a lag time.

They just now started to were them. ----my girls are over They are setting out side with us. They live in Jonesboro (bigger city than where I live)--------I just ask them if they are seeing more people wearing mask now and they said o yes most people.
I don't believe for a second that the lack of folks wearing mask is causing these spikes.. Common sense tells me it's schools being back in session.. Folks from all over the country have come into Jonesboro and every other college town to attend school.. Your local school district is having classes and we're still having football, basketball and volleyball games 2-3 times a week.. That means hundreds of people (even in small towns) are traveling all over the State to these games.. Now you tell me how you're going to have a school full of kids that are going to wash their hands properly or keep a mask on or keep their hands away from their face for 6-8 hours a day?? Every year there's a spike in flu cases around the State around the end of February.. Now tell me what happens around that time of year, every year?? I'll save you the guess work, basketball tournaments.. It's going to run it's course no matter how safe you may think you are.. Your daughters coming over from Jonesboro to visit could be spreading it and you won't know for a couple of weeks even if you think every precautions been taken.. I take a flu shot every year and do my best to keep my hands washed properly and avoid people like the plague and yet I still get a lite case of the flu every few years.. I'm not going to live in fear of covid or biden/harris..

·
Registered
25,115 Posts

How long is the “lag time”?

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
I don't believe for a second that the lack of folks wearing mask is causing these spikes.. Common sense tells me it's schools being back in session.. Folks from all over the country have come into Jonesboro and every other college town to attend school.. Your local school district is having classes and we're still having football, basketball and volleyball games 2-3 times a week.. That means hundreds of people (even in small towns) are traveling all over the State to these games.. Now you tell me how you're going to have a school full of kids that are going to wash their hands properly or keep a mask on or keep their hands away from their face for 6-8 hours a day?? Every year there's a spike in flu cases around the State around the end of February.. Now tell me what happens around that time of year, every year?? I'll save you the guess work, basketball tournaments.. It's going to run it's course no matter how safe you may think you are.. Your daughters coming over from Jonesboro to visit could be spreading it and you won't know for a couple of weeks even if you think every precautions been taken.. I take a flu shot every year and do my best to keep my hands washed properly and avoid people like the plague and yet I still get a lite case of the flu every few years.. I'm not going to live in fear of covid or biden/harris..
OK i do disagree with you on wearing mask---We agree to disagree--------on mask
OK---- I do agree with you on schools and games and bars and eating out on the in side, and going to church or any get together ///we will not be getting together for the Holidays as we have for 40 + years and that's ok cause the kids don't want to get there old folks sick---THE CDC Said that they don't think it would be a good idea to have the Holidays where we all eat inside like we used to.----Only eat with the people you stay with in your home. ----I said that there would be another big shut down because of the schools and school games and Party's. But that is why some schools are shutting down again there was a guy on here that said Beebe was shutting there school down and they don't even b in a hi case area.----GOING TO BE HARD ON THE INCOME OF MANY--MAY BE HARD TO FIND GRO'S. GOD BLESS U ALL.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
So I have been sick since Monday evening , still haven’t got my results back , one gent that fell ill came back positive yesterday and another just a few minutes ago.
I haven’t been around but the same 12 people in a month , and none of us get that close to each other,the only way we may have transferred the virus is through surface contamination...period.
A mask won’t help that.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
OK i do disagree with you on wearing mask---We agree to disagree--------on mask
OK---- I do agree with you on schools and games and bars and eating out on the in side, and going to church or any get together ///we will not be getting together for the Holidays as we have for 40 + years and that's ok cause the kids don't want to get there old folks sick---THE CDC Said that they don't think it would be a good idea to have the Holidays where we all eat inside like we used to.----Only eat with the people you stay with in your home. ----I said that there would be another big shut down because of the schools and school games and Party's. But that is why some schools are shutting down again there was a guy on here that said Beebe was shutting there school down and they don't even b in a hi case area.----GOING TO BE HARD ON THE INCOME OF MANY--MAY BE HARD TO FIND GRO'S. GOD BLESS U ALL.
I wear a mask where it's requested.. More so to avoid the conflict than any concern over covid.. I also believe before it's all said and done we're all going to get it to some degree no matter how cautious we are.. My son teaches school and comes home everyday.. We have folks that work in the hospitals that come over once or twice a week.. I go shopping at Walmart and Harp's every week or two and my wife and I have both been to our Dr's appts.. I can't/won't live my life sitting in my house afraid to answer the door.. Covid is just another risk of living life.. No more dangerous than driving to town.. Probably less dangerous than driving on Race street in Searcy.. My son is in South Dakota pheasant hunting right now and my daughter and son in law are coming in for Thanksgiving from Fort Leonard Wood.. I will meet them with open arms and a hug when they all get here.. And yes my wife and I both have high risk health issues.. I'm not going to run scared.. I don't have enough Thanksgiving's and Christmas's left in this life to miss one out of fear of something with a 95% survivability rate.. We'll just have to agree to disagree and that's OK too.. Merica

81 - 100 of 131 Posts