Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,818 Posts
I wear a mask when spraying herbicides from my tractor. Have not figured out how to wear mask without fogging up my glasses. Most of the herbicides recommend wearing a mask and eye protection - I cant do both.

If I spray roundup from my three pt sprayer without a mask, I will be hoarse the next day.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wear a mask when spraying herbicides from my tractor. Have not figured out how to wear mask without fogging up my glasses. Most of the herbicides recommend wearing a mask and eye protection - I cant do both.

If I spray roundup from my three pt sprayer without a mask, I will be hoarse the next day.
IMG_5255.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
...it makes people feel safe

View attachment 260240
That warning is right on the money--- it is not to protect you--- but others----the protesters--beach goers---- and club goers is why we are fixing if not having many states going to have some of there hot spots coming back and of the closing back up. Like some city's mandating wearing of mask and clubs ect. closing or cutting back.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
My sister who is an ER nurse sent me that exact picture the other day.

Reactions: sparkie

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts

Please spray when the wind is out a little and go toward the wind when spraying only/.I know it will take longer but will not be so bad on your health. Not a MD.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Isnt that what they have been saying - a mask doesnt provide the wearer any benefit - only for keeping the wearer from possibly infecting other folks?
Yes that is why I would like everyone to wear there's when they are out and about. So all the people that have a medial condition wont get /or may not get/ the cv19

·
Registered
25,118 Posts
That warning is right on the money--- it is not to protect you--- but others----the protesters--beach goers---- and club goers is why we are fixing if not having many states going to have some of there hot spots coming back and of the closing back up. Like some city's mandating wearing of mask and clubs ect. closing or cutting back.
Keep believing that. I won’t be wearing one.

·
Super Moderator
6,757 Posts
I wear one at work because it is required. The few places we go that have other people (grocery store or feed store) I just stay away from others. No need for a mask if I'm not getting close at all. I do wash hands/use sanitizer a lot...but that's honestly nothing new.
It makes little sense to wear a mask when you don't let folks get close to you anyway. All it would do is put me more at risk from touching my face to adjust it.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Not sure if the masks really help prevent anything. If you remember, the "experts" told us to wear them, then told us not to, then told us to wear them again. They also told us to spray all surfaces down, because the virus stays on surfaces for days & can spread easily that way. Then, told us later that it really doesn't spread easily that way. Their estimation of deaths, has been million's off. The "experts" have been wrong, a lot more than they've been right. We still don't know for sure how many people have really died from the virus, because we know they've counted deaths from other things, included into the total of the virus deaths. Seems the best thing to do.....is limit close contact with people, don't get around a nursing home, or anyone that test's positive....

·
Super Moderator
6,757 Posts
They are also counting positive follow up tests as a new positive case. Say you test positive. Some employers etc require a negative test before you can return to work. So however many times you re-test before you get a negative...those subsequent positive results are added to the total number. (I know this to be true in Texas)

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
They are also counting positive follow up tests as a new positive case. Say you test positive. Some employers etc require a negative test before you can return to work. So however many times you re-test before you get a negative...those subsequent positive results are added to the total number. (I know this to be true in Texas)
Good point, I haven't heard about this one. So....this means the latest increase in "positive testing"...could be partially, (or more) due to the way they're counting re-testing. Just another reason to discount nearly anything they tell us on this. Disgusting.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Yes that is why I would like everyone to wear there's when they are out and about. So all the people that have a medial condition wont get /or may not get/ the cv19
This is getting way past the point of absurd. How about you wear YOUR INEFFECTIVE MASK and let the folks who want to be productive and earn a living go about their way so they can contribute to social security and roads and stuff.

You unfortunate folks with pre existing conditions need to protect yourself. Covid is not going away. Get used to it.

I am not sick. I have no symptoms. I have a below normal temperature. The only time I will wear a mask is if my doctor's corporate owners require it. I wore one twice last week. I wish I could share her opinions about this hoax.

I am not sorry for not being compliant to a government entity that you and too many others have faith in...the same entities that have lied to you. I see liars for what they are. Untrustworthy and deceptive in their cause.

Best wishes and be safe. Just don't fall into the leftist, Alinsky, mind washing bull^^^^ being served up.

·
Premium Member
15,250 Posts
This is getting way past the point of absurd. How about you wear YOUR INEFFECTIVE MASK and let the folks who want to be productive and earn a living go about their way so they can contribute to social security and roads and stuff.

You unfortunate folks with pre existing conditions need to protect yourself. Covid is not going away. Get used to it.

I am not sick. I have no symptoms. I have a below normal temperature. The only time I will wear a mask is if my doctor's corporate owners require it. I wore one twice last week. I wish I could share her opinions about this hoax.

I am not sorry for not being compliant to a government entity that you and too many others have faith in...the same entities that have lied to you. I see liars for what they are. Untrustworthy and deceptive in their cause.

Best wishes and be safe. Just don't fall into the leftist, Alinsky, mind washing bull^^^^ being served up.

Its mind blowing isn’t? Sounds like the Dr’s and the other medical professionals I speak with pretty regularly have the same opinion as the Dr you talked with. I don’t get why all the governors and businesses are complying. I guess they have no choice?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
They know it's the right thing to do.

Remember the mask I wear is for you.
I don't mind-- really I don't----and I don't wont you to get sick and so you can go to work and pay the tax's that keep our roads and city government people's checks coming in.
I Thank You and the best to you and yours. sparkie______________

·
Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord
29,882 Posts
Listen to this.
I had hoped for a nice facebook battle this morning.
Some dude was on the local news site and was lecturing everyone about how we should all be wearing masks because the bat flu spreads twice as fast as the regular flu and is far more deadly.

I asked him for a source for his claim.

I then showed him where the cdc estimates that there were 36 to 52 million flu cases in the 6 months from oct. 1 2019 till march 31 2020 in the US.
I then pointed out that the US has an official corona case total of 2.5 million from january till the end of June.

We haven't even had 10% as many bat flu cases as regular flu cases in almost the exact same amount of time according to official numbers. Doesn't seem to be particularly contagious to me.

I am still waiting for his reply.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Listen to this.
I had hoped for a nice facebook battle this morning.
Some dude was on the local news site and was lecturing everyone about how we should all be wearing masks because the bat flu spreads twice as fast as the regular flu and is far more deadly.

I asked him for a source for his claim.

I then showed him where the cdc estimates that there were 36 to 52 million flu cases in the 6 months from oct. 1 2019 till march 31 2020 in the US.
I then pointed out that the US has an official corona case total of 2.5 million from january till the end of June.

We haven't even had 10% as many bat flu cases as regular flu cases in almost the exact same amount of time according to official numbers. Doesn't seem to be particularly contagious to me.

I am still waiting for his reply.
We have vaccine for the flu. Better if we had a dead v dead count. I don't know this and it may not be a good gauge.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts