You know you are starting to get old when...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by JB Weld, Dec 22, 2012.

1. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You get a great set of TV Ears, and you love them! :up:

2. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden

3. duck

duck Well-Known Member

You dont pass up a toilet...........

4. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

TV ears are kind of like a set of headphones that tune into the audio from the TV so it does not have to be so loud.
    Now, I don't have to constantly look at my wife and ask, "What did they say?"

5. Deadi

Deadi Well-Known Member

Thats what they make Closed Caption for. LOL I have gotten so used to having it on I can hardly watch anything without it, you get used to reading the words pretty fast. I do hate those programs that the CC is several seconds behind the talking.

6. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

When you get up to go do something, and you forget what you got up to go do. :smack:

7. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I need info on what you got. My wife is constantly fussing at me about the tv volume.

8. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I don't know about TV ears.... but I love Walker's game ear , didn't know what I was missing.

9. Thats just your body telling your brain that you needed to go for a walk (thats my story and I'm sticking to it)..:up:

10. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

When your actually happy to get socks and underwear for Christmas.

11. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    When a broad mind & a narrow waist trade places!:rolleyes:

12. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I do have a question about the walker's game ear. I have ringing in my ears and that is part of the reason that I have trouble hearing. Will Walker's game ear help me?

13. duck

duck Well-Known Member

When you dont care if you kill much but still enjoy going.......

14. towhead

towhead Well-Known Member

x2

15. My hearing is so bad mostly I just pretend to understand what is being said. Ashamed to ask to repeat it a second or even third time. Ear horns are next I guess. Lol, but not much.

It makes me seem indifferent to important things. What's so good about getting older? Still glad to be here!

16. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

That ringing is blocking out a certain pitch of sound...I had that too...couldn't hear anything a woman said because their voice[high pitched] was wiped out by the ringing. I could hear a turkey gobble...and lower tones. I tried the game ear to see if i needed help. Well it did help some, then I had a hearing test, Found out what they told me after I got back from nam...I was nearly deaf in my left ear and reduced pretty good in my right. I had forgot about that. Running over a mine will really mess ya up. I now have hearing aids. They communicate with each other, and shut down on extra loud noises. Bad thing is they keep getting lost!:fit::fit::fit:

17. Ozarkian

Ozarkian Well-Known Member

What is tv ears? I am so hard of hearing! My wife says things and I say what?
    Or like today I was out changing the oil in my truck and all I could hear was 4 wheeler, I said the 4 wheeler is right here!
    She said, I didn't say 4 wheeler! I said is that oil change a new career! I just almost did the middle finger thing! :wink:

18. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Runt row.. I'm 25 and I do that haha

19. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

John you are unable to hear women talk but you can hear other things? Where do I sign up for that? :)