Yote Slayer

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by jsilver919, Dec 29, 2010.

1. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

I went on base today to buy my lower since i'm finally about to build my AR and they just got one of these in. i think the the AR just got put on the back burner

the one hold up is i will switch it to a box magazine as soon as i get it. will that original stock still work if i switch it over? i wont have the cash for the stock i want for a while so its kinda a deal breaker... or am i better off finding a used 308 and parting it out for the action and building from there?

again, as soon as i got it i would switch it to magazine feed. i cant stand not having that in my other 700

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd.aspx

thanks

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Thats a nice sucker right there. :up:

3. jsilver919

it sure is btech. i love the stock. jus like the one on my 22. it does have some flex in it though but i read some reviews and from sandbags they shot sub .5 MOA with some match 168gr

i've REALLY been wanting a rem 700 308 lately too

4. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I would think you cant go wrong with that one. I really like the looks of it.

5. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

I like my 308 I bought it 4yrs ago at a pawn shop for 375$ model 700 VS[​IMG]

6. jsilver919

nice gun and nice yote! wanna sell it? the gun that is??? :whistle:

i'm gonna hit a few pawn shops around here tomorrow and see what i can find just incase.

i really liked this one cause of the short 20" barrel and its already threaded so i can put a muzzle break on it and maybe even get the wife to go

7. jwalker

Remington makes a triangle shaped barrel mod 700 with a muzzle break already on it I cant remember the name of it tho. I'd give u a kidney b4 I took a $ for my .308 seriously !!! But I want one like I described will have one b4 long in .223 tho. [​IMG]
    A few days after the other one my boy got this one a headshot at 130 yards not bad because he ain't never shot my gun b4!!

8. jsilver919

I've seen the ones you are talking about. think they call them the VTR or something like that. i just dont know i'm not sold on that triangular barrel....

i really like the one from the link i posted but i dont know if i can use that original Hogue stock if i switch to that mag feed. i tried asking Biff at Gander today and he didnt know and told me the gunsmith wouldnt know without seeing it and they didnt have one in stock

9. jsilver919

i love the kidney comment by the way

10. jwalker

The threaded barrel might be a problem idk?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Can't decide myself either I want them all!!

11. jsilver919

you lost me jwalker? why would the threaded barrel be a prob? i would be putting a break on it so the wife will shoot it

i never was one for anything that wasnt rem, ruger, or winchester out of ignorance. after shooting my nephews Howa 1500 in 308 def changed my thought on that. they make some nice rifles

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  12. jwalker

Idk it looks like a silencer

13. jwalker

Heck I guess it'll b ok my are is threaded duh!!!

14. jwalker

15. jsilver919

the pic from Remingtons website has the gun with a silencer on it but if you read below the pic it says

"Accepts AAC® and other 5/8-24 Threaded Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brake and Suppressors"

think i'm gonna go get it. just wish i knew if i could keep that stock on it when switching it over to mag feed. i'm gonna make same calls

16. jsilver919

i talked to a few gunsmiths and they said odds are i would have to change the stock and even if not it wouldnt be cheap. so i figured heck with it i'll buy it now and when i'm ready to upgrade the stock i could change it to mag feed.

so i called on base to make sure it was still there and they said its gone already. i called Fort Thompson, Dons, and yes even Gander mth and nobody has one and have zero in their system.

ughhh i should have gone back last night and got it:down: guess i'll be checking back every week till someone has one or can order me one.
    :doh:

17. jsilver919

what scope would ya'll recommend for this gun???

18. jsilver919

can anyone make a scope recommendation??? i have a nikon monarch 4x16x42 SF w/ BDC on my deer rifle that i love. i was considering buying another one for this 308 just without the bdc

what do ya'll have or would you suggest

19. jwalker

I use a nikon prostaff with bdc on my .308 169.00$

20. jsilver919

what power is it? i dont really want a 6x20 or anything like that but i want at something in the 10-16 power