Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
Wal -Mart sells them for about $1 apiece. Sold in packs of 12. State limit is 25 per person, must have name on 'em. I use a piece of reflective tape on one side to make it easier at night to find them. Went to Degray all last week and set out 2 dozen. water was really high. All I caught was bullheads. Should be good for crappie and catfish when the lakes get a little lower.

·
Super Moderator
13,406 Posts
From AGFC regs:

Yo-Yo Fishing – Up to 30 yo-yos (or similar mechanical devices) per person may be used as long as they are not left unattended (out of sight or hearing) during daylight hours, and no more than one is hung from a line, wire, limb or support. Yo-yos must be labeled with the owner’s name and address or vehicle operator’s license number, or current vehicle license number of the person using such equipment.

They're a great way to catch catfish and crappie, and can be really good on those slow days and nights. Note that the limit of yo-yos per person is 30, not 25. As with everything else, I think you'll also find that the price has gone up, and is closer to 1.50 each.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
From AGFC regs:

Yo-Yo Fishing – Up to 30 yo-yos (or similar mechanical devices) per person may be used as long as they are not left unattended (out of sight or hearing) during daylight hours, and no more than one is hung from a line, wire, limb or support. Yo-yos must be labeled with the owner’s name and address or vehicle operator’s license number, or current vehicle license number of the person using such equipment.

They're a great way to catch catfish and crappie, and can be really good on those slow days and nights. Note that the limit of yo-yos per person is 30, not 25. As with everything else, I think you'll also find that the price has gone up, and is closer to 1.50 each.
It had been awhile since I checked the regs. Thanks for the info. I picked up 2 dozen at wal-mart for $7 a dozen. I should have bought all they had. When I went back they were gone!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
It had been awhile since I checked the regs. Thanks for the info. I picked up 2 dozen at wal-mart for $7 a dozen. I should have bought all they had. When I went back they were gone!
Yea that is a steal. I rarely use mine but would buy a truck load for 7.00 A dozen.:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts