Yo-yoing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by woodsnwater, Dec 22, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I am about ready to string out some yo-yos... The lack of water in river lakes kinda thinking using my yo-yo floats. Hungary for some crappie right now. I'll still squeeze some more bowhunting or bust a few tree rats.

2. Scritch

Scritch Well-Known Member

Yes sir. It's about that time.
    I plan on goin to lake charles the end of january and hangin some.

3. Was talking to my FIL a few days ago about this...

It is about that time...:thumb:

4. woodsnwater

I got new hooks for my yo yos and change lower unit oil. Got fresh gas with some Sea Foam in it. Get my floats out and give it a try 1st of next week. I am ready to here the ZIP sound of a tripped yo yo.:clap:

5. melhuntin

melhuntin Member<br>Forum Sponsor

yoyo floats

Did you make your yoyo floats are did you buy them ? what do they look like and how big are they? and what color jig works good this time of year in a mercky pound?

6. woodsnwater

Made mine from black roll pipe and Ts.. I guess 18" circle and stem is 17" long. As far as murky water a dark color.JMO I have jigs on my hooks and will tip them off with minnows. Jig adds color.

7. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

Any chance you could post a pic of one of your floats? Am thinking about building some while this weather has me indoors.

8. woodsnwater

I usually sell a blue print for $9.99. I have to get more printed off. Just PM your billing address and I'll e-mail it to you.:cool:

Just kidding.:fit: As soon as go to storage I'll send you a pic.Easy to make. It may be this weekend. Raining now.:frown:

9. QCDually5.9

Man I wish I had a couple of addresses to throw up here right now. I could really :pot:. Yep, looking more and more like my weekend will be indoors. :smack: I'll be glad when the christmas decor is put up so that I can break out my indoor hobby stuff again. I never realized how small this room really is. :rolleyes:

10. woodsnwater

Our stuff has already been put away. I'll post a pic of floats for ya.

11. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I'm going this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes down here.

12. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Found something similar to what WnW is talking about on youtube:up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVI-vln0QI

13. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

I've got mine designed similar to how those look. Only difference in mine is that I have one 12" piece of pvc coming up from my square base with a cap on the end and slighlty slanted where my line will hang in the center of the base. I screw my yo yo into the cap. I also put pipe insulation around the bases of all mine.

14. woodsnwater

Search black swan on you tube. I don't know how to post you tube.:head:

15. QCDually5.9

I seen the black swan site. Also seen the one made out of pvc with a square patterned base. Is there a preference to design? One better then than the other?

16. woodsnwater

Well the one made from black roll pipe is.JMO

1- No glue required
    2-It folds for easy transport and storage
    3- Easier to build
    4-Cheaper

I have 20 of these. I may go by and get 6 of them this morning. Not gonna fish all of them. I want to do some pole fishing to.:wink:

17. floaters

i also have floaters. this is basically what i use all the time. i have a flotilla spread going on when im after those elusive crappie. i use the pvc method. the conduit method is also a great way to go as well. on my pvc ones there is only one section coming up off the middle in a T. this reduces wind drag and tends to make them float alot slower to those that have two sides.