Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old man that lives west of my 3-4 miles west of me had made a "Magic Potion" he puts on his yo-yos. He gave us about 10 onces of the potion and told us to put it all over our yo-yo's before we set em' out. He swears it works and has pictures to prove it. By smelling, touching, and tasting the potion we think it consists of mineral oil, sugar, corn syrup, garlic and some other "sweet ingredients". Just wondering if anyone else used a method like this. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Been hanging out with wizards, witches, and warlocks again Buckshot? Before you ask I don't know anything about slaying dragons.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Dont know about Yoyo's but my grandpa used to put out trotlines soaked in cottonseed oil- he would catch allot of catfish and never baited a hook! But back then the lines were 100% cotton- the oil would ease down and form a bubble on the hook! Dont think it works on Nylon though!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I've seen people spit tobacco juice on a baited hook and claimed that it worked & they did seem to catch plenty of fish on them, but I don't know. :dontknow:

·
Registered
227 Posts
anybody ever use leeches for catfish bait?i was working in kansas city and my foreman said they tear up the catfish in that area on them.i found a place to order on a web page.just curious if anyone else has tried?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may be classified as a "pansy" after this but the thought of baiting up a leech gave me a scary blood suckling thought. :fear: :fear: :eek:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've used leeches for walley bait in Minnesota and once caught a real nice largemouth on one in OK but never tried them for Catfish.

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
By smelling, touching, and tasting the potion we think it consists of mineral oil, sugar, corn syrup, garlic and some other "sweet ingredients". :biggrin:
Didn't your mother tell you buckshot not to stick everything you get ahold of in your mouth. Why didn't you just ask first, taste later. I got a friend makes and uses this kind of stuff, your right about the corn syrup, garlic, mineral oil and the secret ingredient, redman chewing tobacco juice, yum yum.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've used leeches for walley bait in Minnesota and once caught a real nice largemouth on one in OK but never tried them for Catfish.
In AR when we go fishin we go fishin , what I mean is whatever we catch (BASS, CATFISH, CRAPPIE, BRIM,) we eat but never narrow it down to a certain type of fish we aim to catch. :biggrin: We don't eat gar though, or atleast I don't. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Didn't your mother tell you buckshot not to stick everything you get ahold of in your mouth. Why didn't you just ask first, taste later. I got a friend makes and uses this kind of stuff, your right about the corn syrup, garlic, mineral oil and the secret ingredient, redman chewing tobacco juice, yum yum.
:smack: I only ate a little! :smack:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts