Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a idea of something to make to tie a yo yo on? The lake is drained and I’m wanting to drive something in the ground to tie yo yo on when it fills up along the grass edge. I don’t want to put any medal rods in the lake and pvc would get pricey. Want something that basically just makes a T to tie two yo yo on. I can’t really think of anything cheap maybe some of y’all will have a idea.

·
Premium Member
21,164 Posts
Bamboo might last a while and if you could find someone with a big Grove you could probably get it for free.

·
Premium Member
22,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depending on how deep you’ll be setting them, I would use cane over bamboo. Bamboo is much bigger and heavier than cane, a little harder to cut and deal with. Cane is what I have used for years
Once the lake fills back up about 3-4 ‘

·
Premium Member
31,081 Posts
Anyone have a idea of something to make to tie a yo yo on? The lake is drained and I’m wanting to drive something in the ground to tie yo yo on when it fills up along the grass edge. I don’t want to put any medal rods in the lake and pvc would get pricey. Want something that basically just makes a T to tie two yo yo on. I can’t really think of anything cheap maybe some of y’all will have a idea.
PVC pipe... Make a Tee..The Yo Yo to tee..
Your Welcome..

·
Registered
28,698 Posts
Rebar is used a lot on shallow places.

I saw some 'floating' contraptions once that held yo-yo's. I never built any. I did build some floating noodle thingies. Florida won't let me use 'em! I'll look for a picture.

·
Registered
28,698 Posts
Well this is interesting. I googled "Floating Yo-Yo" and one of the first pictures was from a file from........AH.NET!! LOL. This is sort of what I saw, but what I saw a guy build is not quite this fancy.

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
If it's an Arkansas lake you can't use PVC or metal. It has to be wood or bamboo. You will get a nice ticket if they catch you.

·
Premium Member
18,911 Posts
I use 8ft 1” pvc and drive into the bank about 2ft with a rubber hammer.

Reactions: Allenn
1 - 20 of 44 Posts