Arkansas Hunting banner

Y'all seen the new Ruger?

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Pickloop 
#1 ·
The new .308. I like it a lot! I NEED ONE.....but from what I understand you can hardly find them. Acadamey Sports told me first come, first serve. They are selling like crazy.

http://ruger.com/

#6 ·
I talked with Ruger yesterday due to some ammo chambering concerns that they are having with certain ammo manufacturers. If you buy one, if your serial number is not after 25,000, you may need to send they gun back to have the throat "re-reamed". After this serial number, they changed their reamer to correct the problem. On friday, we ordered one here at work for some testing. Should be here tomorrow, so they are out there.

Kris

#16 ·
Ok, just my opinion. This wouldn't be my first choice if I were to by a new .380. It was very light, which made it a little jumpy. I shot indoors at about 15 steps. Accuracy was ok, seemed to shoot a few inches high. As a comparison I shot an old Colt Mustang 380 that is of a similiar frame size. This little jewel is like a mini 1911. It weighs more and felt better to me. Accuracy was about the same. Of course we don't pay MSRP, but is it worth $300? Ask to shoot it first and decide for yourself.

Kris

#20 ·
Ok, just my opinion. This wouldn't be my first choice if I were to by a new .380. It was very light, which made it a little jumpy. I shot indoors at about 15 steps. Accuracy was ok, seemed to shoot a few inches high. As a comparison I shot an old Colt Mustang 380 that is of a similiar frame size. This little jewel is like a mini 1911. It weighs more and felt better to me. Accuracy was about the same. Of course we don't pay MSRP, but is it worth $300? Ask to shoot it first and decide for yourself.

Kris
Kris, thanks so much for this info. The key word here is jumpy. I DO NOT LIKE JUMPY. Not when it comes to guns. If it's jumpy to you then it's to jumpy for me. I should have thought about that with it being so light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.