Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know anyone who would like to rid them selves of some blaksmithing tools and items, and coal, does anyone know where I can get coal around here in Arkansas with out pay a arm and leg for shipping handling?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
My father-in-law just got a couple of new bags of coal, but his nephew picked them up on his way back from PA. There are some coal mines around Clarksville, but that coal has too much sulfur for smithing. I called him to see if he knew of anyone around that might have some tools or coal for sale, and he said most guys buy coal in bulk and split the shipping costs. if you can find someone that has a bunch you might be able to snag a bit or get in on a bulk order. There's a Blacksmith's Organization of Arkansas you might contact to find some smiths in your area - http://boar.abana-chapter.com/. Another good source would be to find an Amish or Mennenite community and buy from them.

·
3,605 Posts
Does anyone have or know anyone who would like to rid them selves of some blaksmithing tools and items, and coal, does anyone know where I can get coal around here in Arkansas with out pay a arm and leg for shipping handling?
Try Old Washington state park.
They have a blacksmith school and knife makeing school.
I'm sure that they could help you out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
cables, i have a forge. one of the old ones. on the stand with pan and hand crank blower. all it needs is a radiator hose from the blower to the pan. and if i could dig them out of the mess i probably have some tongs. this is over at my place in mo. let me know.

old

·
3,605 Posts
Cables, there was/is an old man who lives at Wilburn named Rex Harrel who was the last of the blacksmiths here in Arkansas. If he is still kicking, he can help you out. His son lives in Rosebud and his name is Dickie Harrel. If the old man is still around he is a hoot! He turns wood and is a "smitty".

Here is a link
http://www.arkansasmediaroom.com/news-releases/listings/display.asp?id=32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.