Xray Pics of My TKR

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pickloop, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Got my right side scheduled for July 30.

Knees.jpg

2. Got pre-admitted this morning. You wouldn't believe the precautions they are requiring!
    Special shower soap, Gawdawful stuff to drink 3 times a day, and a list of instructions a mile long. On top of that, if there is even ONE bug bite or red spot on my right leg the morning of the surgery, they will call it off and send me home!

3. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

Wow. I would never be able to have surgery. At least not in summer time.

Pickloop and DonniePowell like this.
  4. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

My shoulder MRI showed 2 tears, one rotator cuff, the other a tendon near my clavicle and so far no hint from my P/C doctor what if anything can be done. Makes it hard as hell to stack 70lb hay bales...I have been sleeping on my back, [which I hate] with a heating pad on medium and a heavy clay pack holding it down. Talk about pain, I can just barely stand sitting in my recliner watching TV...lifting a bottle of beer with that hand is a real project....this had gone on now for over 6 weeks! I cant imagine having pain in my knees. Theyd probly just hafta shoot me.

5. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Yeah, me three.

One shoulder already done. JOHN YOU NEED TO GET THAT DONE. Get another doctor. William Hefley is the best ortho guy in Little Rock.

I need a hip and both knees. But no time. That Xray looks awful!! Bone on bone???

But yeah, it amazes me how much they can fix these days. I have cataract surgery scheduled for September. Probably the one surgery they can do with my mask on! [email protected]!!! I doubt they'll require that. But us old folks are getting things fixed that literally killed our parents and grandparents. Not to mention the medicines they come up with every other week.

6. faithfularcher

faithfularcher Well-Known Member

That shoulder is a tough one to go through but well worth it on the other side of six months. I haven't had it but several friends and a Uncle that is 83 had it last year . All are much better.

7. "That Xray looks awful!! Bone on bone???"

Yes, 50+ years of climbing and walking on cement floors did its job on me!

8. armallard

armallard Well-Known Member

NEA
    I have one bone to bone and the other has a rod attached some how attached from when I broke my femur. Dr. says it's to dangerous for surgery because he would have to take the rod out and a possibility to lose my leg from infection and the. Other knee he said I was to young to have to have it replaced because when I get old it would be wore out because it's helping the other one while walking. hell I just turned 50 this year.I had my stroke when I was 39 I hyper extend my left leg it looks likes it's going to break into from bending back so much on my left leg from where I had to re-learn how to walk after my stroke. Man I feel for you guys. Pick loop has the Dr. tried rooster comb shot in your knees? It didn't help mine and they hurt like heck getting but I would try anything now.

9. John Stiles

Whats this deal about “Regenerative Medicine” injections? I hear they have an office in Garland Co.?

10. "Pick loop has the Dr. tried rooster comb shot in your knees? It didn't help mine and they hurt like heck getting but I would try anything now."

I did that stuff for several years. It helps for a short time, but doesn't last. When it gets as bad as mine is now, surgery is indicated. "Regenerative" injections can not create cartilage, I'd be very leery of it.

11. John Stiles

There are patients that were bone on bone that are claiming complete recovery from the shots, one guy said his hip is completely healed and had been bone on bone!

12. deer14

deer14 Well-Known Member

Same here . Both metal hips . One leg shorter now . Mess in knees / shoulders / elbows. I seem ta remember , shark cartilage / jellyfish er something . It was suppose ta regenerate . Finally , got my Cosenytics meds going . It helps . Skin cleared . Hope it helps with arthur.

Pickloop and John Stiles like this.