Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
I drew a mule deer tag in Wyoming. My first out there. Ill be around Lusk on the 8th of October thru the 12th. I was wondering if I had time if I might be able to shoot any small game, like birds, while out there. I bought another group hunt in New Mexico for Elk on the 30th of November.

I shoot 308 at everything. Federal Premium with a nosler partition 180grain for elk and I killed a bison with the same last year. DRT

Registered
I drew a mule deer tag in Wyoming. My first out there. Ill be around Lusk on the 8th of October thru the 12th. I was wondering if I had time if I might be able to shoot any small game, like birds, while out there. I bought another group hunt in New Mexico for Elk on the 30th of November.

I shoot 308 at everything. Federal Premium with a nosler partition 180grain for elk and I killed a bison with the same last year. DRT
We saw several bigger birds on the pinion flats in SW Wyoming, I assume they were grouse

Registered
I just went to the Wyoming website to buy another deer preference point and learned that you cant buy points if you were successful in the draw. I'm out of points now and was hoping to go again next year. May have to look somewhere else for a hunt next year. I'm spending more time looking for the hunt then the actual hunt!

Registered
I've shot 10 of 'em with everything from a .270 to a 7MM WSM. Of course the 7WSM was at a pretty fair piece away! LOL

When they drop their butt and go into "speed goat mode" lead 'em one antelope. If you hit dirt behind 'em, lead 'em TWO antelopes. Repeat till out of ammo. They'll probably still be in sight!

Registered
What rifle and caliber are you gonna use? I'm going with .257 WBY and 100 grain scirrocos.
That is one of the best cartridges for Antelope, especially if you want one of the flattest Point and shoot or hold over rifles.
Even if you dial, hard to go wrong.
If I go back I will use my Number 1 257 Wea. with a 28" barrel with Hammers or 100 gr. TTSX.
I used a 270 once but the other trips I used a Sendero 25-06AI, worked for about a dozen head.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts