WTT Sail boat for duck/fishing boat

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Carr.45, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

I have an '87 Starwind223 that I dont have time to use. I would like to trade it for a 1542-1648 all welded aluminum boat w/trailer and possibly motor. Would also take partial trade for a AR15 or other guns.

thanks

2. Carr.45

No body wants a sail boat?

3. rp224

rp224 Well-Known Member

I would not mind a sailboat but I am afraid the Cypress limbs would clip the sail and that big fin on the bottom probably clip on the knobs:head:

4. Carr.45

Yeah, the last time I tried to take it duck hunting it was slow moving in the timber, and the sails scared off all the ducks LOL.
    I am just now gettin into duck hunting this year, never even been before. I want one I can use dual purpose because I like to crappie fish too and I dont like puttin my bass boat in some lakes. My Grandad gave me the sail boat, I sailed with him when I was alot younger but I didnt much care for it then. I like going fast and making alot of noise...

5. Carr.45

Some one needs this boat for a christmas present... Pm me cash offers please.

thanks

6. Carr.45

Finally got pictures...

7. Carr.45

Havent had a chance to clean her up any yet though:smack:

8. Carr.45

Still for sale...

9. Carr.45

This boat can be pulled by just about any 1/2 ton truck, it only weighs about 3,000lbs, I will deliver it within a reasonable distance though.

10. Carr.45

Make me an offer if you are interested.

11. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

just wondering... is that 3-wheeler yours and does it run?

12. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I think a sailboat would be fun for a little while, don't think I want to own one tho. Good looking boat for sure tho

13. I really enjoyed owning a smaller sailboat for some years, and sailed a few 18' boats too.
    I'll likely regret this, but .... :cool:

Can you tell me/us about it a bit more?
    Blunt questions follow:

Sails included and their condition?
    Condition of interior? Is that wood sound, and just dirty or has rot started?
    Cushions, dirty or mildew or dry rotted and need replacing?
    Motor.. details please?
    Trailer .... bearing buddies? condition of tires?

Sincerely,
    Tommy

14. Carr.45

The 3wheeler is my dads and does not run unfortunately.

The sails are pretty much brand new, they have been resewn and there are three that go with the boat.

The wood is sound it is just dirty and some of the laquer has flaked off over time, it just needs a light sanding and a new coat of clear.

Most of the cushions are just dirty but a couple have somw mildew on them.

I do not have a motor for it. It does have the kicker bracket for a motor, I think it will hold up to an 8hp. BTW I believe the hull speed of this boat is 7nots

Im not 100% sure but I am pretty sure it has buddy bearings, the tires are holding air and have decent tread but they are kinda dry rotted and have some cracks in them. I recently brought it to benton from Melbourn, 2.5hr drive, on those tires but we didnt pull it over about 65mph.

I was figuring on spending two weekends on this boat and havin it pretty close to right but I need to sell it now. I think if you had a tube of Marine grade silicon/other sealer, a shopvac, a can of laquer clear, some sand paper, and a high powered shampooer this boat would look pretty good pretty quick.

15. Carr.45

Still for sale, still open to trades, and still looking for a good duck boat. would trade straight across for the right one. No 1436 flatbottoms please. thanks for looking

16. Soupcansam

Soupcansam Well-Known Member

Cash money how much?

17. Carr.45

sent PM

18. Carr.45

Im asking 3500 cash money

19. Carr.45

I am looking for a bunch of different things that I would take partial trade for, or even full trade depending on what you have.

I am Looking for a AR15 varmint rifle, a remote digital caller, Ruger 10/22 or 17, aluminum boat, or just about any firearm.

20. rp224

rp224 Well-Known Member

Have you thought about selling it on ebay?