WTT 50 h.p Mercury (tiller handle)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by lbstuart, Dec 13, 2010.

1. lbstuart

lbstuart Active Member

I have a 50 h.p Mercury outboard motor (tiller handle), I believe it is a 2001-2003 model (I'll have to check on that.) It's a 4 stroke with electric trim and starter. Motor runs great and has low hours due to only using it during duck season. I'm wanting to trade for a 25 hp outboard, preferably a Mercury but I'm open to other brands as well. Strait up trade or Trade plus boot on your part will depend on your motor. The best way to contact me is via txt/call at (870) 833-2173. Text will get a faster response during the daytime and if you call and I don't answer, please leave me a voicemail. I don't currently have pics taken, but I can have some on request.

2. jarred_g

jarred_g Well-Known Member

short or long shaft?

3. lbstuart

lbstuart Active Member

Short Shaft I believe.

4. jarred_g

jarred_g Well-Known Member

I have a 2002 johnson 25hp longshaft i would probably trade if you are interested.

5. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

A short shaft model would be very rare. Perhaps you should measure the transom to be sure. It will be helpful to know exactly what you have AND what you will be needing. :up:

6. lbstuart

lbstuart Active Member

QCDually5.9, you are right. The motor is a long shaft and it is a 2001 model and comes with SS and AL props. I am needing a 25 hp longshaft motor. Needs to be a newer model, can be 2 or 4 stroke, has to have electric start and would love something with electric trim but I know that is a little harder to find on a 25 hp.