WTS .22 rifle and pistol

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Wes Ramsey, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Need to free up some funds to buy an AR. These prices are firm. I'm going between Mountain Home and Conway pretty often right now so I can meet along the way about any time.

Beretta U22 Neos deluxe. 6" barrel with Bushnell 28mm red dot scope. Great gun and has taken several squirrels with head shots. I'll throw in about 700-800 rounds of Federal Match Auto that this gun really likes. Comes with plastic carry case and 2 mags. The only marks are a couple of dings on the scope rail and it has <1000 rounds through the tube. $250

Remington 552 Speedmaster. This is one of the old ones, pre '68 with no serial number. Solid walnut stock with no checkering. gun is in good shape considering the age, but has seen some use. Shoots really good with a scope, but does not have one mounted. I will throw in your choice of see-thru or standard rings. $180

I'll post pics later today.

2. I might take that rem. off your hands is it a Model 552a,552bdl or 552c

3. Wes Ramsey

It's the original 552. I'll look in a bit and see if it has any letter designators on it, but I don't recall seeing any. The previous owner had a smith put a 'new' barrel (take-off from another of the same generation) on it. I know it's still the old style barrel because it has a low-profile dovetail front sight post, but the rear sight he installed on it is a newer plastic sight ramp off a BDL model. It sits too high to use with the existing front sight, so if you want to use open sights it will need either a .625" front sight blade to match the rear sight or the original low-profile steel rear sight ramp and elevation wedge. r you could mount a scope and not worry about it :up:

4. Wes Ramsey

Here are some pics of the 552...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The wood has nice grain, but the finish is, well, 40+ years old. No gouges though, so it would refinish beautifully. I didn't see any model markings other than the 'Model 552' you can see in the last pic.

5. Wes Ramsey

Here's the Neos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only marks are shown in the last 2 pics. There's nothing wrong with the finish - that's dust :doh: I dropped it on my driveway a few months ago on the way in from hunting, hence the road rash. I'm still sick about that, but the scope held perfect zero. Good to know I guess. I filed down the front of the scope rail where it got dinged so it wouldn't snag, and the spot on the rear of the gun is not as bad as it looks close-up.

6. Wes Ramsey

All PMs have been replied to.

7. Wes Ramsey

Still have the 552. The NEOS may be spoken for. Let me know if you want in line :up:

8. joker46

joker46 Well-Known Member

interested in the pistol 870 245 7086

9. Wes Ramsey

Pistol is SPF. Still have the 552. It's a good deal on a great gun! This is one of the few guns that will shoot shorts, longs and long rifles interchanageably and will still cycle perfectly every time.

10. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

Have you found out if we are on for tomorrow yet Wes?

11. Wes Ramsey

Beretta is sold. Still have the 552. I gave it a good 3-hour fully-disassembled scrubbing last night. All the internals are in good shape and the bore looks really good. Couldn't ask for a better truck gun. If it would sweeten the deal I'd throw in 100-150 rounds of ammo...

12. Wes Ramsey

Both guns are gone. Thread can be closed.