WTB/WTT for an AR

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Wes Ramsey, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

I'm ready to take the plunge, but looking to spend as little as possible. Anyone have an AR for <$1,000 for sale? I've got a Remington 552, H&R/NEF .270 and Beretta Neos I can throw in for partial trade. I'm also trying to sell/trade my 14' jon boat and motor, so that's up for trade as well. Lemme know what you have. Thanks!

2. Rifleman75

Rifleman75 Well-Known Member

What kind of options are you wanting? You can usually build an AR cheaper than buying it. I just bought a complete DPMS lower with collapsable stock for $208 through a dealer I work with. I had to put it together but thats not a big deal. Then just order the upper of your choice. I ordered a 24'' stainless,fluted bull barrel, flattop DPMS upper in 223 from www.rugns.net. It cost $599 + $15 shipping and it shoots great. If you don't mind a slick side upper Midwayusa had the 16'' bull barrel uppers for $399. Good luck...

3. jcblough

jcblough Well-Known Member

4. Wes Ramsey

Thanks for all the PMs guys! Still interested in doing a full/partial trade if possible...

5. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    If you are going to spend the money for an AR type rifle, buy a forged aluminum lower and upper. The carbon guns have a reputation for breaking at the front pivot pin lugs on the lowers and the uppers crack where the barrel lug screws in to the carbon upper.

7. Wes Ramsey

Dependability and durability are high on the list. Not a big fan of the carbon receivers either.