wtb recurve bow

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade' started by ajbradley, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ajbradley

ajbradley Well-Known Member

I am looking for a good recurve bow. No junk please. Preferably 50# pull and 28 or 29 inch draw. Right handed and I would like for one to have all the accessories with it thanks and merry Xmas

2. ISLEEPU

ISLEEPU Well-Known Member

I have a Martin Hunter recurve that I have only hunted with one time. Just shot it around the house. Execellent condition, a couple of very minor scuffs. 50 lb at 28in, Green and black zebra string on it, 2 tabs, 3 finger glove, and prob 10 new (this year) carbon arrows, I think i lost 2. I would be willing to let it go for $500. Let me know if your seriously interested and I can take and email pictures. thanks. Jeff. and i have a quiver for it.

3. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

The question begs to be asked....

What is your experience with Traditional Equip?

4. ajbradley

Honestly not much I have always shot compound and love bow hunting I don't even hardly take a rifle anymore. I am looking at getting started with the traditional shooting.

5. ajbradley

Thanks for the offer but that's more than what I need to speed right now. It's a very very good deal I am just getting started so I don't want to dump a bunch of money in one.

6. ajbradley

Are these pretty good bows?

7. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

They are probably Korean made but so is Samick which is one to the top of
    the line Olympic archery bows...I have 2 Samick hunting bows and I'd buy
    them again if they got stolen or lost...

The arrow is much more important...if you have the time you should make the
    trip to Little Rock and go to Archers Advantage and shoot some of their trad
    bows...you may not wish to buy one from them but they have a bunch to
    choose from and various brands and setups...

You will find that trad archers are an opinionated bunch so listen to all of it
    and gleen what is most logical for your own use...

8. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

Look at E-bay for one. It is the end of season, people are going to need to recoup some of the money they spent on Christmas. I think you could find a nice used bow for 200 or less. If you get one soon and do a lot of practicing you might be ready to hunt with it by next season. I would buy a martin or bear probably. I prefer martins because most of their bows are a little longer.
    But lot's of bows would suit you well to learn on.