Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5hp mercury and it stinks. I cant use it to go duck hunting because it wont crank in cold weather, and its even a pain in warm weather. I was having to shoot carb spray on it to start. If anyone has a better motor feel free to email me. I would like a 15hp electric start. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I have a '75 Evinrude 25hp electric start. I 'worked' on it a couple of months ago and just couldn't get it right. I bought another motor and this one is in the shop so someone that knows what they're doing can make it work right. If you're interested I'll call him tonight to see how he's coming on it. I had it listed here with some pics a month or so ago if you wanna see the details on it. If he can get 'er fixed up I'll probably want $400-500 for it...

·
Registered
55 Posts
ob motor

starting flood or either is all bad no lubricant to it. If the 5 hp is hard starting but runs good after getting it started you have a choking problem. You are not getting fuel to the cylinders. Another problem could be compression problems not pulling fuel to cyl. Not meaning bad rings but a air leak or any thing that would pull air etc. instead of duel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.