wtb old air compressor tank or propane tank

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade' started by catfish1, Dec 23, 2010.

1. catfish1

catfish1 Well-Known Member

Wanting to buy old air compressor tank or propane tank between 50 and 100 gallon size to build cooker with.

2. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I have a propane truck saddle tank....what'll ya gimme for it?:biggrin:

3. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

I have got one not sure how big it is. approx. 4 - 5 feet tall and i cannot reach around it. if you are interested i will try to get a picture. it is free if you will come get it. pm me your number if you want and i will call you.

4. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I have a 20 gal you can have if you need a firebox or smaller grill.

5. John Stiles

The one I have is 4' long and about 30" dia. don't know the gallons right off hand. But it's is a heavy tank that was on a log truck...there were two, one on each side. I'll take $50.

6. chadburgess2003

chadburgess2003 Well-Known Member

man i got a big one ill give you. i was going to do the same thing but found another one that wasnt as big. im not sure how big it is ill sent ya a pic tho if ur interested im in stuttgart if ur close.

7. John Stiles

Aw...I see....air compressor huh? I may still have an old compressor tank from a service station......I'll look.:smack:

8. catfish1

yes im interested chadburgess2003,. you can post a pic, pm me , text a pic, whatever... im 45 mins from you... ill pm you

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  9. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

I sent you two pictures from my wifes phone. let me know what you think.

10. trashbag boogier

trashbag boogier Well-Known Member

I have a round 100 gal propane tank looks like a fishing bobber no rust in it

11. catfish1

Im going to make a horizontal type cooker, so that wont work, but thanks anyway.

12. chadburgess2003

chadburgess2003 Well-Known Member

just got ur pm. Im not sure exactly how big it is. but im sure it is goin to be to big for you tho. I was goin to do the same thing but it was to big for me to. If you want ill send you some pics of it.