Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Bridgeport style milling machine. Preferably a 9x36-42 table. 3 Phase is fine but 10x54 is to big for me to move around.

The lathe would need to be about 12x36 or slightly bigger.

Both could be manual machines.

Let me know what you have and name your price.

Thanks
Chris

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
I'm looking for a Bridgeport style milling machine. Preferably a 9x36-42 table. 3 Phase is fine but 10x54 is to big for me to move around.

The lathe would need to be about 12x36 or slightly bigger.

Both could be manual machines.

Let me know what you have and name your price.

Thanks
Chris
What are you building now....that you need a milling machine? If you just plan on jeweling bolts and stuff, a bridgeport is over the top.....but then again; you might want to build a cannon, seeing as how you want a lathe too....preferably something with back-gear so you can cut threads and stuff...I once had a pretty nice old southbend, but I let it get away from me, and the only bridgeport I knew of, I think the guy died.....he lived over on Cox Creek lake, I'll do some checking around for ya!:wink:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's just say I have some ideas.... :wink:

I already have 3 milling machines. One Mori Seiki Vertical Machining center, One Benchtop 4 axis CNC mill and, a smaller manual benchtop mill. I want the bridgeport to do shell milling, heavy metal removal and some general facing jobs on long material. I have access to buy a Cincinatti #4, but I can't move it, nor do I have a place for it. It is nearly 20k lbs.

As for Lathes, I have a small 10x20 Bench lathe and a South Bend 13x24 stubby toolroom. Both manual.

Like I said, once you get started it is hard to stop.:thumb:

I'll confess to one project though. The square tubing that I need is for a Plasma cutter table. I need the Bridgeport to face the tubing and drill out the holes for the linear slides. That's first on my list. :whistle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.