Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is looking for a bolt action rifle in the 7.62x39. I think there are several arms companies making them, CZ, Savage,etc. I expect they are few and far between.

·
Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner
6,928 Posts
My buddy just bought 3 CZ, he swears by them says it shoot sub moa, I didn't realize the round itself was that accurate

·
Registered
258 Posts
The round itself can be extremely accurate within its effective range. The AK47 has given the 7.62x39 a had Rep. My 7.62x39 AR-15 will shot MOA with cheap Russian ammo. My habdloads are sub moa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have a zustava 7.62x39 bolt action rifle. Its the rifle imported by Remington for years as the Remington 799. Its deadly accurate at 100 yards and shoots pretty good out to 200 yards. My SKS shoots good too but not like the bolt action rifle. Makes a good light rifle for short range hunting. Packs a punch.

River also makes a bolt action in 7.62 soviet round too.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have a zustava 7.62x39 bolt action rifle. Its the rifle imported by Remington for years as the Remington 799. Its deadly accurate at 100 yards and shoots pretty good out to 200 yards. My SKS shoots good too but not like the bolt action rifle. Makes a good light rifle for short range hunting. Packs a punch.

River also makes a bolt action in 7.62 soviet round too.
Ruger that is. Not river. Dang auto correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts