Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
bigblue,

I am looking for the same type of gun right now. I have looked all over Central AR from Searcy to LR and every where in between. The best deal I have found is a new Stevens 200 for under $300. Even the used ones I have found have been $275. I'd rather spend $25 and get a new gun. I have put mine on hold until May, as the wife and I are having to spend any and all extra money we get taking her father back and forth to the hospital and helping them pay their medical bills.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Bought my Pop-In-Law a Stevens 200 in .308. It was one sweet deal for the money. It shoots great groups and will all the rifle most folks would ever need.

I can't imagine the same gun in .223 would be any different.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Bought my Pop-In-Law a Stevens 200 in .308. It was one sweet deal for the money. It shoots great groups and will all the rifle most folks would ever need.

I can't imagine the same gun in .223 would be any different.
Let's see some pictures! I am planning on getting one in May. I will probably buy either the .223 or .308. It's going to come down to which one the shop has in stock when I get ready to put the money down.

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
208 Posts
I had a 223 breakdown not too long ago, traded it for a synthetic 30-06. It was a good gun though, shoots long and flat with a little rise at 225 yards or so. Not much knockdown though, sometimes you would have to track a good ways after shooting a deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.