Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
But the money question still stands-- has a profound impact on answers to the man's question!

I don't know if the Ruger auto's are still considered "inexpensive" or not, but they sure work good. If there's cash o'plenty available, that opens up a whole new world of target pistols :thumb:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My kids love to shoot and ammo can get quite expensive. So I started looking into .22 plinkers. I saw a Beretta Neos at Sports Authority in Little Rock for $299. Strange looking pistol, but it got my attention. Anyone have any experience with em?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
That Beretta Neos is a sweet shooting pistola! It was my top choice a few years back when I was looking for one, but ended up with a CZ bolt .22 instead (not complaints). I happened across a guy at the Mayflower range about that time, and he was shooting one topped with a red dot scope. I let his son shoot my .38 and he let me shoot his Neos, and I loved it. I still want one! They do make a target version with a 7.5" barrel that, by all the reviews I've read, should be minute-of-squirrel accurate out to 50 yards +. I don't know that you can get much better for about $329, which is what the 7.5" version was going for 3 years ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK lots of agrees for the Neos. I came across a very nice looking S&W 22A 5.5" with nice wood grips for $230 new. Any experiences with these? I have read that with the wrong loads it FTF and FTE, (That fails to fire and fails to eject). Good price, I could get a reg dot on it for under $300.

·
Administrator
78,853 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SWEET!

How much for a scope like that? What is the model number and I'll search for it? I am stoked, I think I'm going to get the 22a now.

·
Administrator
78,853 Posts
SWEET!

How much for a scope like that? What is the model number and I'll search for it? I am stoked, I think I'm going to get the 22a now.
That red dot is probably 15 years old or more. It's an old Tasco Pro Point that I had on a muzzleloader before you could put magnifying optics on them.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have had a 22A for a cple years now, has never given me any problems at all. And is way more accurate than i ever expected it to be.

Couldnt go wrong with one that has wood grips for that price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts