Would you vote for medical marijuana

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by smokin joe, Jan 10, 2011.

Would you vote for Medical Marijuana for the Terminally ill?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. Decriminalize only Marijuana

17 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. smokin joe

smokin joe Well-Known Member

Would you vote for medical marijuana for terminally ill patients? Like Cancer patients, and many other diseases that medical reports indicate would benefit from the medicinal use of marijuana. If you vote no would you mind expressing your views with out debate from others? No pros just cons Might I add that there are healthier was of using marijuana than smoking

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. bracomadar

bracomadar Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the term decriminalize typically just means you are not thrown in jail for just smoking it, possessing a certain amount, or growing a certain amount at one time. You are typically not allowed to sell it. People would still risk going to jail for it and we'd still be spending tax dollars going after people who sell it, or people who own, or grow too much of it. I just voted Yes to simplify things in this poll, but I'd personally wish it was just totally legal, but maybe regulated so people can't sell it to minors like beer and cigarettes.

3. belliott

belliott Well-Known Member

I'd vote against it. I don't want to see dispensery's popping up on every block.

I've known people who smoke their medicine to relieve symptoms of prescribed medications. I don't have a problem with it. I've been all over Colorado and it has legalized medicinal weed. I just don't like the enviroment it creates.

4. smokin joe

Thank you for the clarification :up:

5. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Voted Yes cause tired of trying to hunt that stuff down. :shrug:

6. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I voted yes, mary jane is the least of our worries:up:

7. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

There are legit uses for glaucoma & to ease suffering of terminally ill patients. I once visited a friend's father who was dying at home of lung cancer that had spread over his whole body, about a week before he passed. He wanted to die at home with his wife beside him.

Before I got to the front porch I heard him groaning & crying out in pain from inside the house. This old man was as tough as they come.

I didn't even go in.

His wife had a whole box of morphine syringes and kept giving him more & more as his pain got worse and worse.

I have read that people going through chemotherapy can get significant relief from the pain & nausea by using Cannabus or THC in pill form.

If we give people Opiates (one of the most addictive & destructive drugs known to man) to ease their pain, anyone who thinks that we shouldn't allow doctor prescribed Cannabis for some sort of moral reason needs to get down off their high horse and think about what they would do if it was their loved one sick & hurting.

8. huddy

huddy Well-Known Member

They have the dispensaries all over in Colorado .... if you work chances are you are going to be drug tested...Personally I do not want to work next to someone who is impaired but as far as what they do on there own time is their business . They did a story about a doctor who can recommend weed and get you a card...then he charges you over 100.00$ for the card and it is reevaluated every year...he made over 1 million dollars last year and will have plenty of business every year. The people who really have chronic pain should have the right to use marijuana instead of the other medications that the drug companies make their profits from ....I wonder how much they spend lobbying trying to prevent marijuana from being accepted.

9. straight shooter

straight shooter Well-Known Member

Its a sight what some will do to get their foot in the door. Why didn't you say if your Grandpaw was dieing and that was the only thing to give him relief, would you vote for it. :smack:

10. smokin joe

It would have tugged at the hart strings more if I would said your child is dieing and marijuana is the only drug that will save his/her life would you get it for them. But I'm not gona reduce myself to that level. If you would come back to earth and do some real research insted of going with the blind side you would be able to see that medical marijuana and industreal hemp have been here since the beginning of time. So we do not have to get our foot in the door we just have to stick a block in there to keep the sheep from slamming the door closed because someone cried wolf

11. straight shooter

straight shooter Well-Known Member

You came close.

12. smokin joe

Some times the truth hits close to home

13. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

I vote no, I choose not to say exactly why cause everytime someone does, here comes the criticism brigade to tell us how uneducated we are on the subject.

14. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

The ulterior motive!

15. TUBBYONE

TUBBYONE Well-Known Member

I voted YES. For medical purposes it has its place. I think it is a lot better than some of the pain pills that are in use! JMO

16. scarhead26

scarhead26 Well-Known Member

Well :shrug:! Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't know how educated or uneducated on this topic you are, but your saying you don't want criticism which would lead someone to believe you aren't that educated on the pros and cons of this subject.

17. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Then sign me up, this Hydrocodone is getting old! (and it's a narcotic, no less)

18. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Don't understand why some would want to try to get it wholesale legalized and even take the chance on what might happen when it is done when what makes it effecive per the true medical reason some want it legalized is allready available legally for medical reasons. If a person is in need of such, all they have to do is get a prescription for THC, the rea reason some desire it. THC is allready out there for those who really need it & it is medically known as dronabinol marketed under the name of Marinol. If I was in need of such a drug, I think I would perfer to go to the drug store for mine than I would to go down to conner on the wrong side of town to buy it from a baggy pants turned phamisest & not have a clue what was really in it!

A little more info on the subject:

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

19. smokin joe

#1 The THC you mention is the synthetic form that is responsible for deaths that Marijuana is not.It is also proven to be highly addictive. Also studies show that people that have tried both prefer the real thing because it dose a better job with out the side effects. #2 If it were made legal for medical on the federal level you would be able to get it from a pharmacy. It would still be illegal to "go to the wrong side of town" to get it, just as it is to go to the wrong side of town to get your prescriptions filled now. There is a bill being presented to legislation today that goes into grate detail that explains a lot more than I would ever be smart enough to even attempt. :hopeless:

20. smokin joe

243 views and 43 votes :whistle: