Would you shoot?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by btech29, Dec 22, 2010.

1. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Well the season is winding down in Kansas. Im about to eat tag soup. This is a pretty nice deer but he's broke from his g-3 to the end of his main beam. Would you go ahead and stick him?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Na, he's got those dink tines...needs to eat more corn. :whistle:

3. gunrunner1983

gunrunner1983 Well-Known Member

Yep! Put an arrow in him!

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Late in the season, the venison will taste better than the tag. :thumb:

5. AR Coon Hunter

AR Coon Hunter Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

I'd do it before i'd eat my tag, but you've got way more to choose from. That fighting really does bust them up.

6. btech29

Do you recognize that spot?

7. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

i take it you have killed some really nice deer and you will prob get a crack at a really nice deer next year....if it was me i would let him walk but its up to you brother.

8. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

The meat is too good from deer up there. Stick something.

9. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

does a bear **** in the woods?

10. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I cant believe I am saying this but no I wouldnt take him, I would stick a doe before him because them horns will be nice next year. Believe me I am usually not 1 to pass up bigger bucks but in this situation I believe I would. It is always easier to say when I am behind the keyboard and not in my peep sight.

11. btech29

I will prolly pass. I watched a nice 8 in anther spot this afternoon. He was a stud of a buck. Huge body and definitely on his was down. I just couldnt bring myself to do it. Prolly upper 120's.

I will bust a slick if worse comes to worse. I was up there on December 31st last year. I had a decent 10 that was in the 130 range and a doe under me at the same time. I shot the doe.

Pretty much wherever he wants. :fit:

Hes pretty cool and a pretty nice 8. I have to admit Im tempted but I dont need any meat so he will prolly get a free pass.

12. megabucks

megabucks Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

nope, not if thought i might have a chance at him next year.I had the same issue with one last year,he's still alive.

13. I would for sure. But this is coming from a guy that has yet to use any tag at all this year. But you :censored: straight I would stick him. :thumb:

14. btech29

I aint kill a single buck this year. I have killed a couple slicks though. This wont be the first time Ive ate tag soup, and will most likely will not be the last. :banghead:

15. gobblergettervideo

gobblergettervideo Well-Known Member

Gonna have to say let him walk. Another year he will put on some mass plus it looks like the broke side according to the G2 was his strong side. Would love to see what he looks like next year if you know you have that farm locked up. I always stick to try not to shoot something in the end that i wouldnt of shot in the beginning.

PS
    Put Tracy in a true gar hole!!!!!!

16. btech29

:fit: I did. This spot is so bad deer wont even go near it. I ran my camera for two weeks and all I got was a handful of possums and one coon.

17. NWA Bowhntr

NWA Bowhntr Well-Known Member

You would do the same thing I would, let him pass!

18. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I hope u pass him. He's a real nice deer and if taken instead of saying check out this great deer u will be saying wouldn't he have been nice with that other side. For a couple years here on my place seemed like every buck we saw was broke at the end of season. So i know the feeling.

19. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I was about to eat a "Tag Sandwich". It was the end of Jan. and I had not loosed an arrow all year and I had a big doe closing in. I drew early so I would not spook her at close range. She closed to about 15 yards and just before I sent the arrow I glanced up at her head to see which way she was looking and guess what? SHE had two big black spots on HER head so, with no meat and the end of the season rapidly approaching I did what I had to do and choked down that "TAG SANDWICH". It wasn't very tasty at the moment but after a while I was glad I did. I would like to say yeah I would shoot it for some meat but, when it comes down to it, I don't think I could do it. get him early next year before he gets busted up.