Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting a simi-auto something and there's a guy here in town who wants to sell me a hi-point carbine in 9mm for $100. I really want a 40 cal and would jump on it if it was, but I'm a little unsure. Then again, it's just $100 and would probably do what I want to do, and 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot.

What say you all?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The one he's got is a 9mm. I want a 40cal.

We Know ..... but we're saying ... it doesn't matter. For 100 bucks, you can't go wrong. Get it, shoot it, enjoy it.... and later , if you want to , sell it and get you a .40 cal. But for 100 bucks who cares if it is a 9mm or a .40..... it's worth it.

And if you don't want it, I DO.....

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
John......100 BUCKS and you've got to ask, your as bad as me. Get the blasted thing shoot it and have fun and then down the road you can still get a .40cal and have both. :thumb:

·
Administrator
89,107 Posts
If I am not mistaken, I think they have a lifetime warranty, if they do, you can't go wrong.

I have a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags. I can stick a 33 round Glock 9mm mag in it and it is a lot of fun to shoot. It's basically a short range weapon, but out to 50 to 75 yards, it is pretty accurate. Go for it, you won't lose anything with the 9mm, and it will be cheaper to shoot. Besides that, a 9mm carbine is just fun to shoot.

Here's mine...

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard somewhere that the 9mm with a the carbine barrel gets more energy than a 357 mag. Is that true? If I got some dies for it and started loading, what kind of performance do you think I could get out of it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.