Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about ya'll, but I'm worried all this rain and cold front is going to screw up this weekends dove hunt. What's ya'lls thoughts???:confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish it would have opened Monday.

What was the reasoning behind the non-labor day weekend opening? I can't remember it not opening that weekend. Could be wrong. I do know it shafted our spot for sure this year. :frown:

·
Registered
647 Posts
just got back from hunting Texas. WE had five limits on Monday morning, and watched my wife shoot a case of shells for her limit throughout the day!

But she was there with me, she had fun, and I got to buy a new shotgun so we would have two when bird season comes around!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What was the reasoning behind the non-labor day weekend opening? I can't remember it not opening that weekend. Could be wrong. I do know it shafted our spot for sure this year. :frown:
Labor Day was on Sept. 1. In order for hunters to get in Sat. and Sun. hunting they had to either open the season Aug. 30 or Sept. 6. I think it was a pretty good decision even though the weather may mess us up. I may not even go this weekend. We had about 2" rain and I don't like slugging through gumbo mud!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.