Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spinning wing decoy approved for 2008-2009 SEASON:clap::clap::up::flag: 1 hen limit, 3 wood duck,off wma by 1:00 :clap::clap:good luck this season boy's seee ya all NOV 15

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Ummm...

Still says this in the regulations...:head:

Mechanical Decoy Restrictions
With the exception of kite devices, simulated wing movement decoys (including all electronic, mechanically operated, wind-powered or manually powered devices that simulate wing movement) are prohibited. This includes the use of flashing lights/LEDs to simulate wing movement. These decoys are allowed for dove hunting, as well as hunting snow, blue and Ross’ geese during the Conservation Order season dates.

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Is the ban lifted statewide private and public ground. I heard the hen limit was raised to 2 this year??? I like the 3 woody limit though, b/c we see plenty of them where we hunt. MmmmMmmmm. Grilled woody breast meat!!!:up:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Below are the results I heard:

Duck Season:

Season dates: 11/22 - 12/1; 12/6 - 12/24; 12/26 - 1/25. Youth waterfowl 1/31 & 2/1.
Changes in bag limits: Arkansas will allow up to four mallards, of which two may be hens; three wood ducks, no season on canvasbacks.
WMA changes: Hunting until noon, must be off AGFC WMA's by 1pm.
Other: Approved the use of spinning wing decoys in Arkansas

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Is the ban lifted statewide private and public ground.
Here is what I was told took place:

The ban has been lifted statewide on all lands not under direct control of the AGFC. All state owned WMA's are closed to the use of the devices listed under the ban. As it was exlained to me they will be legal for use on all private lands & Federal Public lands within the state. The hen limit has been extended to 2 & the woodduck limit has been raised to 3, hunters may hunt state owned lands for waterfowl until 12:00 noon & now must be out by 1:00PM.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I dont know where Rusty gets his info, but

2 hens not 1
Nov. 22 start date.
SWD Allowed STATEWIDE
Off WMA's by 1 p.m.

Just got back from the meeting. Too many people getting info on what they were told.

Canada early season starts the 1st of Sept. and goes to the 15th.

·
1,764 Posts
What!? :smack: Woody and mallard are the two best ducks! And I'm with ya on some grilled woody bh!!!! MMmmmmm
I must have been typing the same time you were posting!:biggrin: Wood duck breasts marinated in Zesty Italian Dressing and topped with a jalapeno slice, wrapped in bacon, and onto the grill until medium-rare!!! Mmmmm....Mmmmm.... Man, I'm getting hungry now, it is about lunch time though!:biggrin::clap:

·
1,764 Posts

2 hens not 1
Nov. 22 start date.
SWD Allowed STATEWIDE
Off WMA's by 1 p.m.

Just got back from the meeting. Too many people getting info on what they were told.

Thanks Hambone,
I was hoping for the early goose start to get in some unpressured hunting before dove season kicks off!!!:up:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts

2 hens not 1
Nov. 22 start date.
SWD Allowed STATEWIDE
Off WMA's by 1 p.m.

Lots of ducks are going to die this year :biggrin:

·
1,764 Posts
Plus 1000 on the YUCK!!!

Threadfin & Gizzard are the two best shad, but that don't make 'em taste any better...
Are you guys serious? Did you eat divers that had been feeding on shad? Have you some merganser stew, huh???:biggrin: Really? I think that puddle ducks that have been feeding on acorns taste great. If I grilled up chunks of duck breasts marinated and wrapped in bacon and chunks of deer meat wrapped in bacon and marinated the same way, I doubt you could tell the difference!:wink: I can't tell the difference myself if I don't know what is what!!!:clap: You must have eaten some seriously nasty shad-eating ducks... And yes, mallards will eat shad sometimes and those ducks will not be worth eating if they are feasting on shad in my opinion...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.