Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
My favorite two ways to cook.
Debone the breast, pound them flat (be gentle), salt & pepper, then coat in flour and lightly fry them. You want them rare. If overcooked they taste like liver and get tough, if rare they're delicious. The legs are really good quickly fried as well. Really good with hot pepper jelly sauce for dipping(just equal parts brown mustard, butter and hot pepper jelly).

Also good braised with brown butter sauce and quickly finished in the oven. Again, you want them rare. After braised for a few minutes on stove top, I finish them in the oven by putting them on a piece of bread, pour the remaining browned butter over them, when the bread is toasted they're done.

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
I used to kill them when I hunted in the bottoms here for rabbits. I hunt in the hills now and haven't seen one in years. I always through them in the pot with squirrels or rabbits cooked in a gravy.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Still haven’t seen any around my place. Too dry. It’s not rocket science. Dry hard ground is not attractive to a bird who likes to probe soft moist ground, for its food.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts