Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Don’t fall, don’t drop em, don’t drag em behind the truck, don’t shut your tailgate on em, don’t use em as boat paddle, or a baseball bat, don’t use em to move briars or tree limbs out of the way.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Small wear & tear is no issue with me, but when it gets to be an eyesore over time or a deep ding whizzes you off every time you see it (it happens), steaming out deeper scratches & dings is easy with an iron & a wet cotton cloth. Touch up afterwards with very mild abrasive (steel wool) & spot treat with linseed oil or an appropriate stain. This works with oil finished stocks, not bowling pin finishes, which I don't own anyway. A Brownells checkering kit makes touching up checkering a breeze. Gunstock Wax does a good job of protecting it & making it glow. A good analogy is would you rather have a Plain Jane but functional girlfriend with zero maintenance or a Gorgeous one you have to treat better & give some TLC now & then???

·
Premium Member
33,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Small wear & tear is no issue with me, but when it gets to be an eyesore over time or a deep ding whizzes you off every time you see it (it happens), steaming out deeper scratches & dings is easy with an iron & a wet cotton cloth. Touch up afterwards with very mild abrasive (steel wool) & spot treat with linseed oil or an appropriate stain. This works with oil finished stocks, not bowling pin finishes, which I don't own anyway. A Brownells checkering kit makes touching up checkering a breeze. Gunstock Wax does a good job of protecting it & making it glow. A good analogy is would you rather have a Plain Jane but functional girlfriend with zero maintenance or a Gorgeous one you have to treat better & give some TLC now & then???
Thank you...Get in some real Ruff stuff hunting..
Gonna Get Dings...
Thanks.
Musical instrument Green Air gun Wood Trigger

1 - 20 of 29 Posts