Woo Hoo! Got'er Done!

Discussion in 'Habitat Management' started by Triple Threat, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Well a bunch of my stress is now gone! We got the road cleared, the cabin and outhouse fumigated, the food plot in and the yard cut and cleared of limbs and logs! Whew!
    It all starts with being anxious about the front gate being locked. We have to drive across someone else's property to get to ours. There are now brand new landowners and that don't want to give us access to our property. It's been quite a battle. A few times I've driven that 150 miles north only to find that our lock has been cut and I'm locked out!
    Then there's the logs in the road issue. Last year I spent about 5 hours cutting and removing 5 huge, fallen trees to get to the cabin! It was relatively clear although we did have to remove one big log holding a pretty nice sized copperhead. Both, tree and snake were easily dispatched. We did remove the honking big oak that had fallen and blocked the road for the last year. Now, I can easily drive straight to the cabin. That was a huge relief!
    Then there was the disc issue. Last year, a big huge tree had fallen on the disk and broke the frame. We did some engineering with a chain and a lock and got the disc usable.
    Then there was the tractor issue. I don't have a tractor so the last ten years I hooked up my 2000 F150 to the disc with a tow chain! It was a boss hoss! That truck is gone and I now have a late model Z71 which I didn't want to beat up. Well, it did fine with no mishaps. (No scrapes, scratches and dents being the issue.) Just don't tell my wife that I used her recently departed dad's pride and joy as a tractor!
    To top it all off, the food plot is getting a really nice soft rain today!

firehog and Mr. Chitlin like this.
  2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Sounds like it's going in your favor this year.

Triple Threat likes this.

3. whetstone

whetstone Well-Known Member

Just don't let them neighbors see any big bucks coming out of there. There'll be so many trees across the road you'll think a log truck wrecked.

Triple Threat likes this.
  4. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

Mr. C did you approve that new member request for username "TripleThreat'sWife"? :usa:

Glad things are looking better for you this year!

Hēlim and Triple Threat like this.
  5. mk1848

mk1848 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What changed with the neighbors being more neighborly with the access this year?

6. silentassassin

silentassassin Well-Known Member

The realization that strategically placed tannerite and a well placed rifle shot can cause a lot of damage and make one anxious about sleeping inside of a structure?

mk1848 likes this.
  7. Triple Threat

Mr. C, it was really green there. The grass was really high! Lots of leaves were on the trees but it was pretty dry. By the time the ground was worked up enough it was like a fine baby powder. I'm sad to say I was too busy to look for acorns.

8. Triple Threat

The previous owners family bought some land from him which was our access. We had enjoyed a good relationship with him for 40 years. I made a phone call to his daughter which was very beneficial. She and her husband stood up to the rest of the family for us and we haven't had our locks cut since then. The previous owner had been on our side, too.

mk1848 likes this.
  9. Triple Threat

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Last year's work but very comparable to this year's!!! An after then before comparison!

10. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

So ..... you ever have two guys in there at once?

11. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    Lt and OFD all the time.

12. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

13. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    You're just jelly

14. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    Tea jug is still full....

15. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Brought my own last night.

16. Triple Threat

Maybe

17. Triple Threat

Anybody ever watch, "No Time For Sargents"?

18. mk1848

mk1848 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great movie. Do you have those rigged up to stand at attention?

19. Triple Threat

Regretfully no. But I think about it every time I clean them.
    All these years (40+) I've wondered, "Why two?"! I just today thought, "built by a man who had 6 kids and raised them on a large farm where there weren't many trees just thousand of yards of cotton fields in every direction!".