Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mascot committee has voted to accept the mascot name wolves at the approval of the Chancellor and the Board of Trustees. The Chancellor and BOT also have the option of adding to the name (Red, etc.)

Wolves to be Arkansas State's New Mascot

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 11:30 AM CST

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas State University Mascot Selection Committee has passed a motion to make the Wolves the school's next mascot.

This decision came in a meeting today on the university's main campus in Jonesboro. The committee had previously decided to narrow the list to wolves, a train theme, or a Crowleys Ridge theme.

The Chancellor and Board of Trustees must still approve the new mascot. They also have the option of adding to the name, such as Red Wolves. Heather Flanigan was at today's meeting she will have the latest on Region 8 News at Five and Six.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,599 Posts
They will always be:

to me... And I am sick of the PC police screwing up completely innocent mascots. The NCAA sucks for forcing this (yet selectively allowing SOME schools to keep thier mascots).

·
Registered
33 Posts
They will always be:

to me... And I am sick of the PC police screwing up completely innocent mascots. The NCAA sucks for forcing this (yet selectively allowing SOME schools to keep thier mascots).
I understand the need to change the mascot, but I always felt like Astate did a good job of lifting the Indian heritage up, not making them sound like a bunch of scalping, screeming, wild group of people. Oh well, at least they aren't going to be the Arkansas State Choo Choos or something!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The "Black Cat" became extinct in Arkansas when Camden and Fairview combined, giving way to the perenial losing "Cardinals". Go with the Panthers.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Asu

ASU always comes through. How original.:snooze: They always underimpress in order to maintain their status of a wannabe. I always thought Jumpin Joe was an alcoholic Indian. Glad he is gone. At least now they can compete with 1000's of High Schools named wolves. A grafduate of ASPU.

I'm in a bad mood this am!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts