Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
75,027 Posts
Scatter Creek is about 20 minutes north of Paragould.

Probably some of the best duck hunting in NE Ark is at Scatter Creek but very few know about it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Everybody I know duck hunts at black river, its just a little further down past Delaplane Ar.. Ask around everyone knows of it.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Scatter Creek is about 20 minutes north of Paragould.

Probably some of the best duck hunting in NE Ark is at Scatter Creek but very few know about it.
Thanks for the info Mr. C. Can you post current water levels? Coords to parking and to holes? Ducks still thick in there? Me and my boy Billy Mark are leavin the bar and headed up there now to run the hole.

·
Registered
23,749 Posts
Thanks for the info Mr. C. Can you post current water levels? Coords to parking and to holes? Ducks still thick in there? Me and my boy Billy Mark are leavin the bar and headed up there now to run the hole.
Went by yesterday just to take a look, lots of water and ducks. Saw several banded ducks to.

·
Administrator
75,027 Posts
Went by yesterday just to take a look, lots of water and ducks. Saw several banded ducks to.
They were thick yesterday at SC. Mrs C and I took a ride up there to take a look.

We were at the flooded rest area near the shooting range,

·
Registered
25,712 Posts
To the OP, just go to rainey brake. It's really easy to get in and hunt. Matter of fact you really don't even have to have a boat. There are several people that boat in, but you can walk in from the south line. When you pull up to the ramp, just get you waders on and start walking, it's easy to follow. When you see the trees marked with red paint, veer north (right) and you'll be in some dang fine duck hunting. Let me know if you need some coordinates to get you started.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
To the OP, just go to rainey brake. It's really easy to get in and hunt. Matter of fact you really don't even have to have a boat. There are several people that boat in, but you can walk in from the south line. When you pull up to the ramp, just get you waders on and start walking, it's easy to follow. When you see the trees marked with red paint, veer north (right) and you'll be in some dang fine duck hunting. Let me know if you need some coordinates to get you started.
This man speaks the truth, which is a rarity in the WF. At times RB will be PACKED with people, but walkers will be able to get away from most groups if you will put in the leg work. I can also shoot you some you a map with areas that can be walked into.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I think I've only seen 3 mobility signs, so I call them mobility spots. Technically I guess you can pull off the road and walk in anywhere you want, we do it during early squirrel season, so it shouldn't be any different then duck season except for the 4AM rule.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts