Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,,my brother & me'ns are about to head to the riverbottoms to do a bit of scoutin round & boutin~~some deer sign lookin & hopefully not COOKIN..Ya'll say a little prayer for us in that we can make the 2 mile or so walk without vapor locking from the heat of Simmertime..Hope ya ALL have a JimDandy weekend...:up:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Don't over do it it will be HOT this weekend. I cut and hauled brush last weekend and it was rough take lots of breaks and lots of cool water you will need them and GOOD LUCK. This is how I felt by sunday night :mad: just not mad

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts
You better not step on a sneaky snake, when it's hot they get short tempers....take gator aid...a whole case....you don't want to run low on electrolytes :wink:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I went last weekend and broke up some plots with my 4 wheeler and disc, I wore shorts, and the heat off the 4 wheeler purt near burnt my calves. Between the heat, ticks, chiggers, briars, snakes, mosquitos, and all the lush, green vegetation types, it seems like everything will either burn ya, stick ya, or bite ya. Seriously, be careful, and don't over do it.

I'm a stickler for details, and love the challenge of getting everything just right, but I've figured out, they still have deer season whether I've got everything done like I want to or not.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Be careful and have fun!!!

Be sure and drink plenty of liquids........as in water:up:......don't depend Solely on GatorAde........drink it with water on a 2 to 1 basis....2 waters to 1 GatorAde.........that's what we do when working Hurricane/Storm Restoration........only GatorAde will hurt you, at least that's what the experts tell us!!!!!

If drinking a good old cold beer.......be careful........alcohol will Dehydrate you!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Be careful and have fun!!!

Be sure and drink plenty of liquids........as in water:up:......don't depend Solely on GatorAde........drink it with water on a 2 to 1 basis....2 waters to 1 GatorAde.........that's what we do when working Hurricane/Storm Restoration........only GatorAde will hurt you, at least that's what the experts tell us!!!!!

If drinking a good old cold beer.......be careful........alcohol will Dehydrate you!!!!!!
That s why you have to carry a bunch of cold beers with you:biggrin:

Good luck I hope you find the ole sad daddy.

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
Yall're braver souls then I am. It's too dang hot to be outside...

Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well We Survived,,But Did End Up Smellin Like Doe In HeatStroke

Had a pretty nice time with my brother this morning..He was a bit late getting here ( burning daylight )..In the 4 miles or so we walked we saw 7 deer..1st one we saw was a small buck that we walked up on laying down..He thought he was hidden because he just layed there staring at us for a little bit before he finally took off..They sure stick out like a sore thumb with that red summer coat ( like a coat is needed this time of year lol)..I carried a couple of 20 oz. bottles of water I had frozen last night & it actually wasn't to uncomfortable until around 10 oclock..After that it was sweatin time..Even though we were around some sloughs & breaks the skeeters weren't near as bad as I've seen them before & we didn't see the 1st watermouth cottonmoccasin poison tooth..Think they've all but dissappeared since the AG&F lifted restrictions on "fang length":wink:..I know one thing,,an ice cold DP don't last long after a romp in the Arkansas Simmertime Sunshine,,not to mention them ham samiches(funny how they alwaze taste better when eatin in the woods )..The cool wind of the boatride back was a very welcome deal too..Dang I love the woods,,course that ac & recliner watchin huntin vids the rest of the day was a mighty nice way to top off another day of God given breath..Sure do thank the ol fella for em all yepsir I do..& thank ya'll for the good words,,preciate it muchly...God Bless & hope ya ALL are havin a great weekend.. >>>-STP->

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I saw a nice 8 point in velvet and a doe running across Rebsamen Golf Course last Monday around 11:30 AM. Something must have jumped them. They were headed for the woods behinf the old pistol range if you are familiar with the area. It is hot. I have decided not to play any golf next week due to the heat. The mind is willing but the body isn't.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Just about every trouble call I've gone on, after dark the last couple of weeks, I'm seeing batchelor groups of bucks.....a lot of them inside the city limits...saw 2 one night last week, right by the city shop, and then 3 more in a man's front yard in Cullendale this past Wednesday night!!!! Saw a doe, in my front yard about 7 last night, and another about noon today........they are nibbling on some new mimosa trees that have spruted up...seems like the leaves on em are disappearing overnight:biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.