WISH I HAD BOUGHT STOCK IN ........

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by LEXI, May 12, 2018.

1. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    Dollar General. Those things are piping up like fire ant mounds. They’re everywhere and I’d be rich.

N8HARNER, JB Weld and Luv2hunt like this.
  2. ozarkthunder

ozarkthunder Well-Known Member

I think its kind of funny.They have turned wal marts game around on them.They cannot beat WMs prices, but the convenience of all of the locations is making them competitive.

JHS76, N8HARNER, Allenn and 1 other person like this.

3. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    It is funny to see em beatin Walmart. Every little town not big enough for a Walmart now has a DG store.

JHS76, N8HARNER and Luv2hunt like this.
  4. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

They have to lose a ton of money to shop lifting. They might oly have one person working i the store and they are stockimg shelves somewhere. You know a tin of crap walks out the door.

Luv2hunt and LEXI like this.
  5. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    You’re right bout one person and they’re always stocking shelves.

JHS76 and Luv2hunt like this.
  6. Luv2hunt

Luv2hunt Well-Known Member

Locally, it’s the one person working that gets caught stealing. Not far from me in southern mo, a worker was caught not scanning merchandise for a couple of people to the tune of $10,000.

giveout and LEXI like this.
  7. Luv2hunt

No kidding, they are throwing em up in places to small for Walmart. Everywhere, and it takes them no time at all, from the beginning of the dirt work to the open sign is like 3 months.

LEXI likes this.
  8. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    I’d owned the Dam Quarry camp grounds if I’d bought stock in em.

Luv2hunt likes this.
  9. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    Guess Red Box would be on the list too.

JB Weld and Luv2hunt like this.
  10. Luv2hunt

Not many people know this, but on top of the hill, across the highway, is one heck of a place to rabbit and turkey hunt. The Corps has really done some awesome habitat management there. Nobody hardly knows about it because it’s a long walk in and through a boat grave yard to get there.
    Don’t tell anybody.

RocketRob, Allenn and LEXI like this.
  11. LEXI

LEXI Well-Known Member

NEA
    I been there before and you’re so right. Turkey behind every tree.

Luv2hunt likes this.
  12. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    I was following you until the boat graveyard part.

LEXI, JB Weld and Luv2hunt like this.
  13. Luv2hunt

It actually used to be a campground long ago and the marina stores old, old boats there. It’s where boats nobody wants anymore, go to die.

LEXI and orangefeetdown like this.
  14. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

At one time, Pilgrims Pride(chicken processor) filed for bankruptcy. At the time they owed me about 20,000. For work I'd already completed. Based on a little insider info, I was told to buy all the stock I could afford and borrow for. Their stock was $0.07 a share. Seeing as how I figured I was about to lose 20k, I passed on it. They were bought out at $0.07 a share and the bankruptcy court allowed the sale. Meaning I didn't lose my $20,000. 6 months later their stocks were worth $7.50. Had I bought in, I'd be setting on a white sand beach somewhere not worried about Monday morning!

JHS76, N8HARNER, brushcreek and 4 others like this.
  15. Luv2hunt

Hindsight sucks. I’m almost 50. My hindsight is 20/20. I’ve learned to be more aggressive and optimistic in my investments. It pays off.
    Just like Nike. Just Do It.

LEXI likes this.
  16. lilturkeyhunter

lilturkeyhunter Well-Known Member

Iuka
    GM. I wish I would have bought their stock when the bailout was happening. I wouldn't be worried sick about finances right now if I had. Didn't know enough back then to do it. Sigh.

LEXI likes this.
  17. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

I’ve been tempted to walk on out when standing in line alone for 2-3 minutes and nobody around to take my money.

y hunt and LEXI like this.
  18. outdoorjunkiebj

outdoorjunkiebj Well-Known Member

Hot springs probly has 8 DG stores, mostly in walking distance of low income neighborhoods.

LEXI likes this.
  19. pharmdeez

pharmdeez Well-Known Member

Baum
    I bought $1000 worth of Valero stock right after graduation for about $50 a share, turned around and sold it at $64 a share three months later. I used the cash to help with a down payment on our house. Just checked today, it is $114.63 a share.

Luv2hunt, orangefeetdown and LEXI like this.
  20. duck

duck Well-Known Member

Things can go south just as fast as they go north. Been there!!!

Luv2hunt, atuphilamb and curdog1 like this.