1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
My Dad picked a small one like that (think it was that brand even) a few years ago at a garage sale super cheap, cause the guy couldn't figure out how to put the wire in it... As long as your not trying to weld something thick, they do just fine in my opinion. We built several dog boxes with it and a few metal ground blinds. For the thick stuff, we busted out the trusty Lincoln stick welder like you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I have that same welder. It does good on thin metal- 1/8" or less. I bought mine from a man who used it only one time to weld on a truck fender. Got the welder and auto darkening hood for $100. I used it to add a couple of cross braces under the floor of my utiluty trailer, and make some target frames for my neighbor's shooting range.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had a small welder similar to that one. I found that if I had "good" power to it, it welded pretty well. If you have to use an extension cord, use a good one. I made my own with heavier than normal wire. Small or cheap extension cords didn't work well with mine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I had a small welder similar to that one. I found that if I had "good" power to it, it welded pretty well. If you have to use an extension cord, use a good one. I made my own with heavier than normal wire. Small or cheap extension cords didn't work well with mine.

This is very true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts