winona kills?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by san1kris, Dec 27, 2010.

1. san1kris

san1kris Well-Known Member

Did anybody have any luck at winona this weekend?

2. Allen

Allen Well-Known Member

winona? why u hunting winona and where we gonna hunt next yr?

3. san1kris

san1kris Well-Known Member

Man we havnt been back to the lease after our "run in" with some of the road runners down there seen lots of deer at winona, weve been bowhunting out there ,have u been back to the lease lately?

4. donswheel

donswheel Active Member

I saw more hunters in winona than deer. Went to my tree one morning to put up my climber and a lady had a ground blind set up under the tree I hunt in and she was in it. I couldn't believe it.We hunted pretty much all season and didn't get but one shot at a doe. Saw no bucks at all. Only a few other doe when you couldn't shoot at em. Put out 4 cameras all season and no luck with buck photos. I hunt winona every year and when the hunters show up and put a little pressure on, the deer go nocturnal. The forest road was like grand central.

5. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Had two anterless bucks come down the cutover around 9:30 the last day of season. Ended up getting two opening weekend of gun and buddies got two does opening weekend of bow season. Seen just about the same amount as always but just a few more bucks then normal. Next year they will be good shooters.