Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going out to winona and doing some hunting after thanksgiving. Anyone have any tips. Are there a lot of people out there.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
And please...Don't hunt right by someone's house within sight of their horse pasture. That's a horse trail not a game trail. The dogs bark at you from inside the fence because you are too close to it in their view...and you look suspicious. There's lots of woods out there...seriously...try hiking a bit...or even driving down the road away from the houses. You will see more deer when you are farther away from my father in law running his chainsaw. (This is my new pet peeve this year) :smack:

Now...for a more helpful comment....most of the food plots if not all of them...are crap this year. They did a poor job prepping and planted way too early. Your better bet is to try by the river or saddles as others have said. Lots of acorns and persimmon trees in places. Being willing to hike a bit will be of benefit. And if you are running late getting to your stand...don't fly down the road...they like to grade and gravel it frequently...and you might end up in a ditch. (we've pulled one out so far this season...saw tire tracks from another in the mud this week).
I love living out here most of the year....Truly. :wink:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That's a horse trail not a game trail. The dogs bark at you from inside the fence because you are too close to it in their view...and you look suspicious.

...I love living out here most of the year....Truly. :wink:
You are funny! .

Score Report: "Solid performance delivered with a good mix of shaming, yet helpful information, with just enough "hint of hate".......9/10".

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
After the first two weekends hunters usually thin out Saddles and creek bottoms are your best bet. There are a lot of woods out there. Good luck and be safe. I'm going out there Saturday morning. Not gonna hunt close to the horses or houses though. If I wanted that I would be at holland bottoms. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.