Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While rolling down my window last night in the drive thru of mcdonalds, the window sounded like it popped off track. It wouldn't roll up or down, but you can hear the motor trying to go, but it sounds like something is in the way now. I pushed the window down all the way maybe trying to get it back on track, but now it just stays down. Is this an easy thing to fix? I called a glass company in town and they are going to look at it in the morning, and I called the dealership and they can do it, but next week and for $60. My truck is a 2003 Dodge Ram. Thanks for any advice,.
f909

·
Registered
647 Posts
Until you get the door panel off and see what is happening it is hard to tell, and getting the door panel off could be the hardest part of the job.

I am not sure on that specific model, but some of the electric windows has plastic slides and wires cables to make them work. A kink or crack will really cause havoc.

I would opt for a professional (glass shop or body shop will do just fine) and let them work on it. Most of those shops will have access to used parts if you need a new track, motor, or something. I think the last motor and track assembly was $75 installed.

Not much help, but that is all I know.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You could stop at your local glass shop and have them remove the panel for you for a small fee. Then go on ebay and buy a new window regulator and replace it yourself. That is what I did on my wifes Lincoln LS. Dave.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put aftermarket speakers in when I first got it back in 2003, getting the door panel off is easy, but I believe there is another metal panel behind it that is pop-riveted in. I am going to take the door panel off tomorrow and check it out before I take it to the glass company. I am glad that I had a second vehicle for tonight, it turned cold, and would have been a miserable drive home in the cold.
f909

1 - 5 of 5 Posts