Wind Powered Spinners?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by flippinhntr, Jan 7, 2011.

1. flippinhntr

flippinhntr Well-Known Member

Does anyone use the wind spinners? If you do, do they work as well as advertised? I know that this is a touchy subject on the board, so if you don't use them or are against them or just simply hate them and think it is "cheating" or something else, I don't care. Don't post on this thread unless you can answer my question. Sorry for the harshness, but sometimes you have to put with too much BS on this subject.:up:

2. Buddy of mine uses two wind powereds on his Vortex which is spinning so they always work.

I know that if it's windy enough and you got the deke facing the right way the wind-powered mojos can work well. Beats lugging a battery pack around.

3. bernie

bernie Well-Known Member

You evil, horrid, spinning wing user! Just kidding, I use them too. I have also wondered if the wind powered ones work. I can see them working better on some days than others. But I have never used them and am curious about it too.

4. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

on still days we hook ours up to a hamster wheel and let my pet "nippy" turn it.

5. UncleDuck12

UncleDuck12 Well-Known Member

Work like a charm! Wont even need a duck call. Been using em for years! Good thing is, in the offseason, i put em out in the front yard next to the pink flamingo decoys! They really help my yard look more presentable.

6. CutDown

CutDown Well-Known Member

I love them especially for teal season when it's still hot out!
    I set two or three (or 35) up within 2-3 inches of where I am standing....keeps me cooled off and my face paint doesn't run near as bad!

7. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

I bought one last year toward the end of the season. It all depends on the wind. If I remember right the box said something about a 5 mph wind. You need all the wind you can get and then some. Even if the wind stops and the wings stop I don't think it hurt the ducks from working.

8. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

I just LOLed

9. bjadventures

bjadventures Well-Known Member

we bought some for the vortex and they work great, but without the vortex they tend to stop, or just never start. Baby mojo is the way to go for $50