Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new winchester sx3 in bottomland camo that is literallty brand new I also have a indian creek choke tube and a pattern master long range for it. I have used it twice duck hunting and twice turkey hunting, still looks great. I wanting to sell it and buy a super black eagle 2. my question is am I crazy for doing so and if I should sell it how much do you think it's worth?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here's my 2 cents. I have had both for years. I've shot the guts out of em and in my opinion, one is not a better gun than the other. I personally like the way the SX3 handles better. The SBE2 has significantly more recoil, especially with heavy turkey loads. I would keep what you got and keep on rollin. You could sell out and start over, but I don't think you will be gaining any ground. If you do decide to sell it, please shoot me a PM as I might be interested.

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
I have an SX3 also... Bought in September 2013... Best shotgun I've ever owned.. Shot a case through it this year with no faults... I too want to sell mine so I can buy the new A5... So, no you're not crazy.. Either that or we both are!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the few shots I've put through the gun, Ive realized how sweet shooting it is. I really like the gun, but I bought it wish the intentions of using it for turkey hunting only. I have a 20 guage and a 12 guage benelli I use for duck hunting. Only problem is I have been having trouble seeing the bead turkey hunting so I want to mount a scope but you cannot mount a rail on a winchester. So thats kinda my rational for selling it but I would lose a lot of money....

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
the SX3 is probably the best shooting auto loader I have hunted with. Close second is the SX2. I loved my SX2 so much, I bought another one in a 3.5"
They just fit me right, but the next guy down the road might have a different opinion.
I would say you are a little crazy for wanting to sell it, but I'll give you $500 for tonight.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You will not get more than 7 for it . I'd keep it your gonna lose 3 on it and be 600 upside down on the next so unless you trade it they'll allow 7 for it so you'll have to put 7 more with it to get a SBE 2 . Either way 700 is it .

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you want a gun just for turkey hunting, why not buy a pump. You can pick up a good pump for what your loss is going to be in selling this one. Better yet, buy a gun that uses invector plus chokes and reuse the chokes you have.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Mine shoots great only time I have any problems was when I shot over 5 cases of shells without cleaning it cleaned it an it keep on shootin

·
Premium Member
14,836 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
X3 is a good gun. I have a X2 that has over 20,000 rounds plus shot through it. I also have a X3 that I've had for 6 years and it's probably seen 5000 rounds plus and I've only been shooting it the past 3 years. The only problems I've had between the 2 guns were:

1) the O ring inside the barrel (which slides down over the magazine tube) got a flat spot from shooting skeet (low brass). The flat spot lets the gas escape which will not allow the bolt to work properly (ie the spent shell will not eject properly and will hang up in the gun). If this happens you can either take the O ring out and roll it or buy a new one.

2) Be sure to pull the trigger every time that you intend to store the gun. If not, the firing pin spring will get weak from being compressed, which will result in a dented primer on the shell in the chamber.

You WILL NOT find any Benelli that will out pattern a X2 or X3 for turkey loads out of the box!

·
Registered
144 Posts
honey locust
where did you get the oring from? My x3 needs the o ring and the winchester sight does not list them.

Also with the x3 be sure to watch the gas piston springs the are bad about breaking mine is broke in three different spots right now Just found out last day of duck season

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
you can order all the springs, O-rings, and everything off midway for pretty cheap....I had the SX2..loved it...sold it to by SBE2....sold it and now have the new A5.....hind sight is 20/20....id still have the SX2

yes the sbe2 will shoot anything but recoil sucks.....also not a fan of the bolt system sometimes if u don't slam it, it doesn't lock which means it don't fire, so far so good with my A5....it has the weight that helps with the recoil where the SBE2 doesn't.....but the old SX2 and Browning Golds were work horses.....just like the SX3 and Maxus.....Browning arms owns the patents to SX2 and SX3....the 2 and the gold could interchange parts...I know I had both....I dunno about the 3 and maxus tho

1 - 20 of 26 Posts