Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
89,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the local Wal Mart a few minutes ago and strolled back through the sporting goods section. The SG guy was marking Dynapoints down. Regularly $14.97 per box, he was marking them to $4.50 per carton of 500. :eek: I picked up 12 boxes, $54 + tax, left 6 on the shelf. I am going to hit the range in the morning and see how they shoot. If they do good, I'll pick up the rest tomorrow. If nothing else, they'll make a bang and the kids will like them. 22 shootin' doesn't get much cheaper than this.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I'm surprised our Wal-mart even sells 22 shells.
They quit carrying guns a couple of years ago.
First it was pistols and then rifles.
Our sporting goods section is really bad.There is hardly anything you want,and if there is you better grab it quick.
The girl working in the department did'nt know what a fishing blacklight was.And she was'nt filling in.

Ok I got on my soapbox{sorry}.

I've never shot Dynapoints.But for the price, Let 'er rip.They can't be too bad. Winchesters have been good in the past. I usually buy the 550 box in whatever brand is cheapest. Sometimes I get some for Christmas.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
I was in the local Wal Mart a few minutes ago and strolled back through the sporting goods section. The SG guy was marking Dynapoints down. Regularly $14.97 per box, he was marking them to $4.50 per carton of 500. :eek: I picked up 12 boxes, $54 + tax, left 6 on the shelf. I am going to hit the range in the morning and see how they shoot. If they do good, I'll pick up the rest tomorrow. If nothing else, they'll make a bang and the kids will like them. 22 shootin' doesn't get much cheaper than this.

Boy...there's a sucker born every minute:fit: :up:

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have read in several rimfire boards that those Dynapoints were top notch as far as bulk ammo was concerned. In my expirences, they were the most consistent (not the most accurate). But I never had a dud or a wild flier out of the boxes I shot.

The Remington bulk ammo gave me the best accuracy out of the buld brands I shot, but it seemed like 1 or two out of five would be half charged and throw the whole group off. I am not one to weight all my rounds and sort them by weight for firing purposes. These are my UN-scientific observations and have no real value other than I feel them to be accurate and the truth.

But for less than a penny a round, send them down range and enjoy the time at the range!!!

·
Administrator
89,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm headed to the range in a couple of hours to give them a try in my heavy barrel 10/22. This rifle makes one small ragged hole at 40 yards with Federal Auto Match, so I'll see how it does with the Dyna's. If it does good, I'm set for a while.

I'll report back this afternoon.

·
Administrator
89,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took my heavy barreled 10/22 out this morn and ran a few hundred rounds of the Dynapoint through it, and it seems to shoot them just about as good as the Federal Auto Match which I wrote about HERE . The wind was blowing pretty good, and the targets were moving a little, but at 30 yards, it was tearing one ragged hole for 10 shots. I'll find some better weather before too long and shoot them at 40 yards which is where my squirrel rifles are sighted in for.

They also shot real good in my stock stainless 10/22 with a 18.5" barrel and the M261 22 rimfire adapter for the AR15.

I also chrono'd some different ammo I had on hand to compare to the Dynapoint. Here's what I got in my 18" barrel:

All are 10 shot averages

Dynapoint 40 Gr HP - AVG - 1135 FPS ES - 39 SD - 12

Fed Auto Match 40 Gr Solid - AVG - 1220 ES - 47 SD - 12

Federal 550 Round Bulk 36 Gr HP - AVG - 1268 ES - 49 SD - 17

Rem Golden Bullet Bulk 36 Gr HP - AVG - 1248 ES - 48 SD - 18

·
Administrator
89,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that the Adams and Bennent barrel and stock combo that Mid-Way had great deal on last year for the 10/22? I keep checking mid-way every month hoping they offer that again.
Yep, had the barrel and stock for like $75 or so. Cheaper than the barrel usually runs by itself. I wish I had bought 2.

ETA: I just looked up the invoice and it was 84.99 for the synthetic stock and the .920 A&B barrel combo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.